Director, North of China Enterprise Sales
Primary Location: Beijing,Beijing
Report to: Senior Director, North China Sales
This role represents a unique opportunity to play a major part in the success of VMware. We are therefore seeking a truly exceptional person who will be ‘at home’ building, leading and managing teams across the region.
• Lead the sales team – assign quotas and territories, coordinate with marketing the demand generation activity in the territory, assist in the creation of account development plans, ensure that sales workload is prioritized, assist team members in the development and closure of opportunities, track performance of team members closely, ensure total customer satisfaction with VMware’s commercial activity
• Develop team members – guide and coordinate personal development plans, particularly training, provide career planning, conduct annual performance reviews, coach, motivate, and counsel team members day to day for their professional growth
• Forecast and deliver bookings in region, driving directly the larger opportunities by staying very active in the field and working closely with the team members
• Leverage business generated by partners with end customers
• Apply a solution-selling approach; orchestrate resources external to the team, particularly channel partners through which most sales will be fulfilled
• Create direct strategic relationships with senior decision makers within named/focused accounts
• Sell Professional Services via the most strategic accounts and leverage the PS Organization in order to strengthen the relationship within the end customers to increase the deal size
• Represents the company, customer needs and market trends as the senior executive within the country
• Provides local leadership and management to all VMware employees in-country, including matrix reporting team members; represents the needs of VMware employees in GCH
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in business, marketing or computer sciences. A post-graduate degree, such as an MBA, would be highly valued. Also required is a demonstrated proficiency as a leader of sales teams in a professional sales environment, having come from a similar vendor environment in the local region.
- Personal sales and relationship building credibility and networks with key customers/industries is a must, together with a significant track record of accomplishments selling in the enterprise market. The successful candidate will be expected to bring knowledge of a large number of relevant customers and channel partners across the region. Previous experience of working within a matrix environment would be highly valued.
- Moreover, experience within a System Integrator/Strategic Outsourcer will be advantageous due to the importance of the service/solution selling approach.
- Understanding and managing a P&L will be considered a plus as well.
• Excellent knowledge of the local market in general with the context of experience working in a MNC environment
• Demonstrated proficiency as a sales leader in a professional sales / enterprise software environment
• Strong people management skills including: hiring, developing, motivating and retaining high caliber sales people with an ability to manage any performance shortfall
• Strong knowledge of consultative selling to get results
• Proven relationships in large accounts and key industries, and an ability to develop new customers
• Able to maturely and elegantly manage complex relationships (sell with, sell through and sell to) with VMware OEMs (e.g., EMC, Dell, HP, IBM) and Service Providers
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and ability in enterprise software sales to enterprise IT management
• Proven skills in the field within the given territory, selling through channel and direct
• Knowledge in selling complex system infrastructure products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be fluent in the local language and in English
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-30
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107883