Marketing Analyst Forecaster
Primary Location: Beijing, China
Position: Marketing Analyst, Forecaster
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data. We are looking for a passionate data scientist to develop a robust, scalable data model and optimize the consumption of data sources we require to generate unique insights about our systems. You will be solving some of the hardest problems for business leveraging ML/AI? Most of our use cases start with 10 million+ rows of data. The models and solutions you deliver will be the essential ingredient we use to supply our customers & sales with relevant product recommendations and creative breakthroughs to our business.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Marketing Analyst Forecaster on our Marketing team in Beijing.
What you’ll achieve
Dell is seeking experienced analytics professional to assist in implementation of the Integrated Demand Model (IDM) for China geography which will be used to drive key business planning decisions for the Consumer and Small Business. In this position, one be able to must ingest multiple leading indicator variables to generate a business forecast that will accurately predict multiple targets for the business, including financial goal attainment. This winning candidate will join a collaborative team that works cross functionally to deliver model updates and outputs on a quarterly basis. She/he will be developing/ maintaining statistical models, verifying the accuracy of them. The candidate will also assist in be producing ad-hoc analysis as requested by the business.
- Forecasting for product groups, product sub-groups and profit centers using Regression Modeling on quarterly basis.
- Perform time Series, ARIMA, machine learning algorithm etc. to build and continue to enhance the forecast model.
- Update the code the model to minimize the variance for all the forecast models to help business understand the root causes behind the variation. Use the learning to improve the overall forecasting process.
- Proactively anticipate and prevent problems. Devise and facilitate business buy-in, make recommendations and guide implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions for complex business issues that cross organizational boundaries and are unclear in nature.
- Preparation of all the supporting documents and reports.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proficiency in Chinese and English, Academic degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 to 5 years of hands on experience in building statistical model and 1 year of business experience in Marketing, Sales operation. Expertise in building models using statistic techniques such as Time Series, Regression & other statistical methods of Forecasting. Also adept in Data Extraction, Data Processing & Variance Analysis.
- Must have excellent knowledge and programing capability using preferably in R or SAS/ Python for time series analysis.
- Automation skills using Python will be an added advantage, excellent verbal and written (with MS office) communication skills. Must be able to convey statistical results to the team in a clear & concise fashion.
- Keen business acumen (preferably in marketing) in a highly transactional business model.
- Experience with tools used for data intelligence and analytics, experience in data intelligence & analytics strategies and best practices.
- A Basic understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30/06/2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R087335