Marketing Decision Scientist
Primary Location: Beijing, China
Position: Marketing Decision Scientist
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Marketing Decision Scientist on our Data Science team in Beijing.
What You will Achieve:
Dell is seeking experienced analytics professional to lead the implementation of the Integrated Demand Model (IDM) for China geography which will be used to drive key business planning decisions for the Consumer and Small Business. In this position, one must be able to ingest multiple leading indicator variables to generate a business forecast that will accurately predict multiple targets for the business, including financial goal attainment. This winning candidate will join a collaborative team that works cross functionally to deliver model updates and outputs. As part of Dell marketing analytics team, she/he will be leading to build and refresh statistical models, verifying the accuracy of them and engaging in day to day operations with the business. The candidate will also be producing ad-hoc analysis as requested by business using statistical techniques to answer key business questions such as campaign efficiency measurement, market demand analysis, campaign strategies, price/demand elasticity and investigation of abnormal sales trend to identify root causes.
- Manage the process and quality of data collected for model build and refresh, lead forecasting model build for product groups, product sub-groups and profit centers using Regression Modeling on quarterly basis.
- Perform time Series, ARIMA, machine learning algorithm etc. to build and continue to enhance the forecast model, update the code the model to minimize the variance for all the forecast models to help business understand the root causes behind the variation. Use the learning to improve the overall forecasting process.
- Proactively anticipate and prevent problems. Devise and facilitate business buy-in, make recommendations and guide implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions for complex business issues that cross organizational boundaries and are unclear in nature.
- Serve as a head data scientist for guiding modelers and serving as a cross-functional analytics consultant to business stakeholders and team members.
- Preparation of all the supporting documents and reports
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proficiency in Chinese and English, academic degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent practical experience or equivalent experience
- + 5 years of hands on experience in building statistical model and +1 years of business experience in Marketing, Sales operation, and SCM. Expertise in building models using statistic techniques such as Time Series, Regression & other statistical methods of Forecasting. Also adept in Data Extraction, Data Processing & Variance Analysis.
- Conducting market research to find answers about the impact of internal & external factors (such as campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.), unusual sales trends on demand generation/ conversation based on temporal vehicle-wise demand/orders data, assist business with outbound or inbound marketing activities to drive business using statistical methods/ analytical tools to execute initiatives to reach the target consumer segments
- Must have excellent knowledge and programing capability using preferably in R or SAS/ Python for time series analysis.
- Automation skills using Python will be an added advantage, excellent verbal and written (with MS office) communication skills. Must be able to drive key business meetings with stakeholders, keen business acumen (preferably in marketing and sales) in a highly transactional business model, experience in storytelling with data.
- Advanced SQL Skills, Advanced knowledge of Excel, Advanced user of Access DB, Knowledge of any BI and Analytics toolsets like BOBJ/Pentaho/SAS and Visual reporting tools like Tableau/Alteryx, experience with tools used for data intelligence and analytics
- Experience in data intelligence & analytics strategies and best practices, understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30/06/2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.