NSBU, part of the VMware family, brings incredible new features and capabilities to the VMware virtual networking portfolio. Our products, technology and team, combined with the existing solutions at VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, form one of the fundamental building blocks in the Software-Defined Datacenter Strategy at VMware. Innovative companies use our products to accelerate service delivery from weeks to minutes, transforming their cloud data center operations and economics. Be an integral part of the future of the software-defined datacenter.
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.
A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center
NSBU Beijing team is a strong development team contributing to a lot of key NSX components. Its responsibility crosses all layers, covering management plane, control plane and data plane. For this position, we are seeking talented engineers to work on the NSX support for container and various platforms.
- Design and develop components of next generation NSX platform supporting container.
- Work on NSX management plane, control plane and data plane, including kernel modules, user space daemons, and distributed systems; problem analysis, resolution, and debugging.
- As a hands-on developer, capable of fully understanding the networking system and implementing and guiding the changes required to virtualize networking functionality and maximize virtual/physical I/O performance and scalability.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with open source project development.
- Experience with highly distributed system.
- Experience with Go and Python language
- Deep understanding of container.
- 2+ years of industry work experience and hands-on development.
- MS or above in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English and communication skills and capability of cooperating with remote peers.
- Strong background of networking system is a plus.
- Experience with both kernel and user space programming is a plus.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-11-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Software-Engineering Job ID: R1906291