Senior Director, Systems Engineering, GCR
Primary Location: Beijing,Beijing
The Senior Director of Systems Engineering is responsible for leading the VMware’s Solution Engineering team including SEs and SE Managers in a Matrix organisation across mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan (GCR) region.
The Director must be able to hire, motivate, develop, and retain quality SE leaders and SEs who are capable of continuing and enhancing VMware's success in best serving VMware's growing Cloud business, must be able to manage technical assets with consideration for sales success as well as financial effectiveness.
It is expected that the Director will take a prominent role in evangelizing VMware’s vision and message as it pertains to the VMware Cloud business both internally as well as externally to appropriate constituents.
- Coordination of strategic development of resources within the GCR’s SE region, including approval of training plans, career development planning, conducting annual performance reviews, coaching/counseling SE managers and SE's for their professional growth.
- Review of resource utilization, planning for specialized coverage of all major sales activity areas and review of the resource matching process.
- Recruiting and hiring of SE's to fill staffing requirements.
- Motivation, development, and retention of all SE’s
- Participation in regular territory reviews with regional sales directors resulting in a detailed understanding of the top deals in each region.
- Direction of the strategy and execution of SE Team Leaders and other SE’s within the region
- Account management activities may include development of account strategy, high-level presentations, problem resolution, relationship development, and coordination of corporate resource involvement with the top five prospects within the region
- Development of relationships with other organizations inside VMware as well as maintaining current knowledge of both corporate and industry direction
- Additional responsibilities include development of relationships with other organizations inside VMware as well as maintaining current knowledge of both corporate and industry direction, such as to be a multi-cloud SaaS company.
- Demonstrated leadership of managers & Demonstrated Solutions Engineering management experience.
- Technical sales or consulting skills are essential as well as sound negotiation skills.
- Relationship building skills – can establish positive internal relationships with colleagues and management peers
- Offering development experience (direct or leading).
- Demonstrated proficiency as a leader of individual contributors in a professional environment.
- Strong people management skills including hiring, developing, motivating and retaining technical salespeople and an ability to manage any performance shortfall.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Be comfortable with change as an opportunity to thrive.
- Solid Service Provider/PaaS/SaaS experience.
- Strong experience enabling companies to transform themselves using the public cloud and the service offerings using AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle or equivalent clouds, and datacenter experience with knowledge of hypervisors like VMware.
- Demonstrates high ethics and integrity for which also possesses strong relationship building skills – both with customers and VMware colleagues.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Ideal candidate will sit in Beijing and travel is expected across GCR.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
If you are interested in joining a forward thinking, innovative company and have the relevant experience listed above, please apply today for consideration.
Upon application, your details will be forwarded to the relevant recruitment specialist managing this opportunity.
Our people are driven to create amazing innovations in a workplace that encourages and supports growth, learning and collaboration. Our core values guide what we do and how we do it. Take a look at EPIC 2 – Our Values. Your Journey:
We are a equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107872