Software developerBeijing,Beijing 10/16/2019
Job Role and Responsibilities：
Monitor Group is part of our Core Platform Group which is responsible for our Core Virtualization Infrastructure.
We are looking for talented and highly motivated interns to join the world-class virtual machine monitor group. It is responsible for the CPU virtualization technology in VMware products. You will have the opportunity to work with bleeding edge CPU technology, VT-x/AMD-V, interrupt virtualization, memory virtualization/management, and dynamic code instrumentation.
You should possess a very deep understanding of processor architecture and the low-level OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture. And will solve customer cases, develop new features, improve product performance, and other exciting challenges.
- MSCS or PhD preferred; industry experience or research experience is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture
- Strong background in computer architecture
- Strong software engineering background with a real passion for delivering enterprise-quality software
- Be an excellent hands-on implementer with strong C programming skills in a Linux/Windows environment
- Development experience working on low-level, performance-critical software is a plus
- Prior development experience with dynamic/binary translation or compilers is a plus
- Prior development experience on software testing suites and cases
- Strong knowledge of x86 assembly/architecture is also a plus
- Exposure to VMs (Java or x86)
- Experience developing user space and kernel modules
- Experience system performance analyzing and tuning
- Experience on other programming languages, including but not limiting to Python, Java, Shell, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2018-12-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Software-Engineering Job ID: R1812061