Technical Account Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Beijing,China
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will build and maintain relationship with VMware's customers that have real passion for technology and the opportunities that it can bring to our life. At those customers, you will be a major focal point for everything that is related to VMware for different teams and levels from the most technical to the most senior executive. You will escort and guide them in their journey to be market leaders by using newest and most advanced technologies in information technologies.
You will also play a key part in representing your customers in VMware, sharing their experience and wishes with the account teams, support and product managers, helping to draw the shape of our products and contribute your point of view for our shared success.
- Be there for your customers. Help them to build their business for success and transform from customers to partners to the digital journey
- Like to think out of the box? Use your skills to help your customers to take the technology to the limit and utilize all that our products can give them. Our customers love to see their investment being fulfilled and you will make sure that they do.
- Help the customer to translate business requirements to technical solutions by building knowledge and understanding of the possibilities presented by different platforms.
- Do you like connecting with people? Be the messenger that breaks down the corporate silos between different technical teams and business teams using simple language and personal skills.
- When troubles come the TAM’s rise! Not everything always goes smooth. At those points you will take leadership on the situation and help everyone to get back on track.
- Demonstrated record of field engagements
- Basic vSphere Platform knowledge
- Strong communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Effective at working independently and in a virtual team setting
Desirable skills and Education
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Is able to technically qualify the customer; Qualifies the need, identifies the success criteria, and executes demo; Actively recruits and nominates customers for beta process; Coordinates demos and beta deliveries
- Able to conduct presentations to c-suite-level customer stakeholders as well as engaging with technical leaders; Confirms and clarifies information gained from listening to customers before transmitting / sharing.
- Capable of organizing, planning and running workshops with customer technical, business and managerial staff; Able to perform Solution Architecture Solutioning and develop overall customer solutions and proposals
- Articulates VMW's aim and position clearly. Identifies clearly the aims of customers and other parties. Diplomatically negotiates equitable solutions. Prepares thoroughly, supporting with robust facts and information.
- Actively keeps track of business and technological trends seen in market (through journals, tech. communities, etc.)
- VCP - VMware Certified Professional 5 or greater certification preferred
So, if you have real passion for people and technology come and help us change the world for our customers and their customers!
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Technical Account Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102482