Accenture VMware Business Group – Senior Solution Sales Specialist - Hyperscalers
Primary Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Accenture VMware Business Group – Senior Solution Sales Specialist - Hyperscalers
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Accenture VMware Business Group is a newly created venture between VMware and Accenture to accelerate digital transformation for our largest common clients, covering the domains of Hybrid Cloud and Migrations, Application Modernization, and Cybersecurity. This venture is one the most critical transformational partnerships in VMware, sharing the mission of our Strategic Corporate Alliances organization to make, and take, new markets. We achieve this by fully leveraging the innovation, talent, and scale of our respective organizations to best serve and accelerate our client digital transformation agendas.
We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware’s strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Accenture VMware Business Group – Senior Solution Sales Specialist – Hyperscalers role is a senior role with responsibility for joint service development and validation, Go-to-Market program execution with Accenture and the designated Hyperscaler partner, and key Lighthouse client project support. The Senior Solution Sales Specialist will be responsible for scoping, qualifying and developing, with Accenture, joint solutions and offers leveraging the existing VMware platform services on the designated Hyperscaler cloud, complemented with existing and new Accenture services for cloud migration. This will include solution development, testing, validation, sales and pre-sales enablement and targeted opportunity management. Additionally, the Senior Solution Sales Specialist will work with Accenture’s Public Cloud Business Group, and the designated Hyperscaler Solution and Sales teams to identify and qualify key client opportunities to pursue and manage this pipeline with their respective counterparts. For the qualified and managed opportunities with Accenture and the Hyperscaler in the designated territory, the Senior Solution Sales Specialist and will be responsible for the orchestration of the pre-sales efforts in teamwork with the Field Sales leaders to directly contribute to the successful pursuit and close of these opportunities.
The Accenture VMware Business Group – Senior Solution Sales Specialist – Hyperscalers will serve as the point of contact across Accenture and designated Hyperscalers for cloud service development and pre-sales, on behalf of VMware. They must maintain a peer-level relationship and trusted advisor status with the Accenture and Hyperscaler client facing leadership and the critical practice domain leaders supporting the opportunities and pipeline. A mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required. You will take the role of a lead technologist and should have a deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases.
The Accenture VMware Business Group – Senior Solution Sales Specialist – Hyperscalers will be supported by both the core Accenture VMware Business Group team, in addition to several matrix sales and support specialists.
- Responsible for contributing to Accenture’s cloud service development and portfolio by proactively exploring, qualifying, co-developing new services capabilities leveraging VMware platforms and services inside Accenture.
- Proactively identifies Accenture VMware Business Group solution or practice awareness and pre-sales and technical expertise gaps with the field teams, and proposes and executes focused tactical pre-sales enablement activities and deliverables in support of the solutioning and client facing teams.
- Responsible for cloud solutioning in support of pipeline and opportunity conversion from qualification to close in their designated territory.
- Maintains high touch and trusted advisor status with the Accenture VMware Business Group, Hyperscaler sales and pre-sales teams, and Accenture field sales and pre-sales leadership.
- Participate in and drive elements of the pre-sales process to understand customer business, technical objectives, and product requirements
- Ability to develop Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions and to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- Lead technical validation of the VMware Cloud on designated hyperscaler solutions against business/IT needs, inclusive of migration and day-2 management scopes
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with Accenture VMware Business Group Clients and working teams to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services ontoVMware’s cloud platform.
- You will provide feedback to Product Management based on customer and project experience feedback
Required Skills :
- At least 5 years of experience working for, or with, Accenture in the cloud domains with a strong network in place.
- At least 10 years of experience in technology pre-sales, preferably in cloud services and hyper-scaler solution selling experience with a bachelor’s degree; at least 7 years of experience with a Master’s degree.
- Domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps.
- Deep knowledge of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), IBM SoftLayer, Microsoft, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a huge plus.
- Experience working with senior leadership (VP-level executives) at Fortune 500 companies and in building necessary relationships throughout the technical and operational ranks
- Experience of driving, shaping and executing large cloud transformations.
- Will have been part of an exceptional team.
- Ability to influence and collaborate in a highly matrixed organization whilst taking personal initiative to actively guide and direct extended resources.
- Travel up to 30% of the time
Our team looks for candidates who embody our ‘EPIC2’ values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Team members who are logically curious, interpersonal, customer focused and able to find the humor in situations tend to thrive at VMware.
- Established and referenceable relationships with key contacts at VP level within designated account
- International Sales and Partner experience highly preferred
- Familiar with Target Account Selling or another established sales methodology
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Self-starter with a high level of commitment and energy
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103429