Intern- Product Development- Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: San Francisco,California
VMware Internship Opportunities:
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Modern Applications Platform BU (MAPBU)
MAPBU’s charter remains unchanged—to become the industry leading platform for modern apps and deliver Tanzu’s “build, run, manage” portfolio across all cloud platforms and driving our overall developer strategy.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- As an Intern at VMware, you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You will participate in creative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a dynamic and technically driven environment.
- During your internship, you will become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
- Research, design and implement Intern projects/features which would be incorporated in future product releases
- Software design and develop a networking system software stack that is widely deployed in a networking datacenter environment.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills and customer-facing skills.
- Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s or PhD Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Coursework (in some) of the following: Algorithms, Data Structures, Storage and\or Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning, Compilers, Networking,
- Distributed Systems, Analytics, Web Development
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the programming languages of C/C++, Java, Go Python, databases, distributed systems, and Object-Oriented concepts
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- School and/or industry projects involving significant design and development
(Experience in on ore more of the areas is not required, but is a definite plus)
- Experience developing client-server or distributed, multithreaded applications
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Knowledge of availability/fault domains
- Exposure to container technologies - container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm Mode) is a plus
- Experience with Cloud based services, Microservices a Cloud Computing class or similar experience
- Experience with networking software, e.g. OSI model, TCP/IP, OVS, NAT, Load Balancing, Firewall, etc.
- Experience in security management
- Familiarity with Network Virtualization or Software-defined Networking
- Willingness to contribute to open source projects is a plus
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017452