To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Accessibility Manager - Bangalore
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
- Job Description
At VMware, good accessibility starts with good design. The Accessibility team is part of the Design Platform team that encompasses Design System, Design Ops and Visual Design. We work cross-functionally across the design organization and the entire VMware product suite building accessible foundational components, patterns, guidelines, and programs for efficiency, consistency, and scale.
To further these goals, VMware is looking for a hands-on accessibility subject matter experts with managerial experience to contribute to our Accessibility Program championing our goal of innovative, accessible and inclusive products for all our customers around the world.
You Should Be Able To
As an Accessibility Manager on the Accessibility team, you will be responsible for managing our domestic accessibility program focusing on ongoing VPAT compliance and remediation. This is a critical part of our global product development process to insure we strive for best practices within industry accessibility standards. You will work across our product organization and suite of VMware’s products from compute and cloud to networking and security. You will be directly contributing to our goal to build accessible products for everyone.
- Supervise a group of 6-8 accessibility testers in multiple locations
- Ensure that VMware is continuously moving the needle forward in the accessibility of all of our products
- Work with development managers to make and prioritize remediation recommendations
- Review author VPAT / ACRs
- Display knowledge of current and evolving regulations including Section 508, WCAG 2.0 AA and 2.1 AA
- Assist in the planning and execution of periodic VPAT assessments including partnering with accessibility testers overseas as well as 3rd party auditors, legal, and service/product owners.
- Effectively communicate program execution status, accomplishments and risks to leadership
- Develop analytics to benchmark our progress
- Continue the evolution of VMware’s enterprise accessibility strategy
- Educating other VMware employees, contractors, and vendors about how to ensure the products they build are accessible and functional for a broad audience with different needs
- Experience in a hands-on accessibility management role in both web and mobile
- Experience managing the career growth of a medium-sized team
- Ability to provide collaborative direction to other stakeholders including design and development
- Knowledge of relevant US and global government regulations in highly regulated industries
- Highly self-motivated and directed professional with keen attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, agile environment to prioritize and meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail, strong organization and follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively work with all stakeholders and customers to improve data and business processes and to negotiate priorities.
Great If You Also Have
Experience in delivering workflow improvements to existing processes
- Accessibility-related certification (508 Trusted Tester, CPACC, WAS, inclusive/universal design, ADA Coordinator)
- Knowledge of existing VMware products and services
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and services
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds Accessibility, Design, and Engineering quality
We value consistency and simplicity and focuses on customers and their needs.
We work together and value "we" over "me".
We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute.
We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences.
We're the organization to "get it done" together.
We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: User Experience
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-03-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2002764