Advisor- Localization Project/Program Manager
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Program Manager?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Job Title: Advisor- Localization Project/Program Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Localization Program Manager on our Global Translation team in Bangalore.
Innovative projects that deliver cutting edge results do not run themselves. Project and Program Management within Business Support ensure projects run seamlessly, from start to finish. Our team manages projects or leads others managing projects — ensuring cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively. We oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate milestones to key stakeholders.
About Business Unit:
The Dell Global Translation Team is responsible for providing internationalization, localization and translation services to teams across Dell.
Localization Project/Program Manager plans, executes and is accountable for high quality and on-time delivery of localization projects to stakeholders. The stakeholders vary from Software to marketing that vary in size and complexity. Localization Project/Program Manager is responsible for managing all phases of localization projects which includes requirements definition, scheduling and monitoring progress of projects, proactively identifying and resolving issues with the Language Service Providers and clearly communicating project status to a wide range of stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work in an environment that is fast paced and to work autonomously and manage to aggressive delivery schedules. This role helps drive increased volumes of localized assets while defining operational efficiencies and serves as one of the enablers to grow and solidify Dell’s global market share.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional stakeholders across the globe to develop and manage localization releases.
- Manage the delivery of localization assets like UI resource files, OLH, Technical docs and Go-to-Market contents.
- Collaborate with the internal QA team members and with the localization vendors to ensure timely delivery of Localization and translation projects for assigned stakeholders.
- Check project forecasts are in place and vendors are aware of forthcoming volume spikes or unusual language needs.
- Drive the program level initiatives for the projects that he/she owns.
- Participate in weekly meeting with stakeholders, project management team and vendors.
- Ability to run/manage multiple localization projects simultaneously.
- Send status updates to stakeholders and at agreed times, with issues or risks flagged.
- Ensure to follow the process and contribute towards process improvement.
- Collaborate with global team and contribute toward initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, stakeholder management and project management.
- Knowledge of project management tools like MS Project, Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with Translation Management System, Localization tools like TMS, Passolo etc.
- PMP certification – good to have
- Overall experience – 8 year
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Program-Management Business-Support Job ID: R040124
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.