Analyst, IT Operations - EBIABangalore, India 08/16/2019
Analyst, IT Operations - EBIA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Analyst, IT Operations - EBIA on our Global ITteam in HYD/BLR.
Driving human progress is not just about providing cutting-edge technology – it’s also about maintaining and supporting it. Our IT Service Operations team provides holistic support and proactive monitoring to maintain the overall health of IT applications, tools and infrastructure in complex global businesses. We are subject matter experts in hardware, data and software, security, information access, system performance and data integrity. We also work in partnership with other IT functions and departments to recommend process improvements and resolve system outages.
- Provide monitoring and application support for Global Data Warehouse ecosystem at Dell
- Analyze and resolve BI/BIG DATA application failures issues for global Dell business users and Dell vendors
- Exposure to any of the ETL tools preferably Informtica, Control M
- Be the application owner, regularly communicate the status of the Application & Platform services related failure and/or any issues through appropriate communication channel
- Resolve all incidents, tasks and service request within SLA targets
- Focus on Incident reduction through identifying/fixing recurring issues working with Dev/Engg
- Diagnose, prioritize and escalate and follow up on issues where applicable
- During crisis conditions, willing to act in the role of problem facilitator to drive cross functional efforts of various teams toward issue resolution
- 100% compliant to all the procedures and processes
- Ensure proper handoffs of issues during shift change
- Overall 2 years+ experience in Data Warehousing area with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- At least 2-year experience in supporting Informatica Support in 24x7 environment.
- RDBMS knowledge (preferably in Oracle)
- Exposure to any of the scheduling tools preferably Control M or Run Deck.
- Experience in supporting Unix/Linux environment, and knowledge on basic commands
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- A team player with ability to work in a team and as individual contributor with minimum supervision
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Information-Technology Job ID: R028524
Related Job Opportunities
- Software Engineer 2 - IT Bengaluru, India
- Senior Analyst, IT Operations Bengaluru, India
- Salesforce Developer Multiple Locations