To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
Primary Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
VMware Business IT is responsible for building and maintaining applications enabling VMware business operations. You will be part of a fast paced and tightly knit DevOps Platform Enablement team, which prides in its innovative skills and ability to deliver high-quality products in a short time span. Cloud Infrastructure administration (part of DevOps Platform Enablement team) team within Business IT is also responsible for IT Apps Systems in VMware Cloud environment by providing Operating System and Application support.
We are seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Administrator with a solid experience in Linux OS administration, extensive experience working in complex compute environment, familiar with VMware Enterprise Products and have skills to develop Automation solutions. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work across multiple technologies both in private and public Cloud domain and engage in the latest and greatest technologies offered by VMware.
Actively participate as a key team member of the VMware IT Cloud Infrastructure Operations team to provide infrastructure support for business applications. Depending on the critical priorities relevant at the time, your role could include the following activities:
- Deploy VMware infrastructure products for Application Team’s use
- Document Infrastructure Standards and Diagrams
- Participate in VMware on VMware efforts to test and evaluate new releases of VMware Products
- Develop scripts and automation solution for repetitive Infrastructure and Cloud Admin tasks
- Manage patches and firmware updates for IT infrastructure software and hardware
- Designing Blueprints and Automating Infrastructure provisioning using vRA (vRealize Automation), Ansible, Python, etc.
- Develop Ansible Playbooks and manage Ansible Tower Cluster Administration
- Automation of Load Balancer Administrative tasks using REST APIs/SDK.
- Manage Web Application layer, Apache Redirects and Reverse Proxy using Nginx
- Work closely with Development Teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance and operability in mind
- You will be actively involved in continuous improvement of our platform and tooling, by providing input into the direction of roadmap and contributing to the development of our NextGen Platform
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years’ experience working in an Enterprise grade Infrastructure environment
- 4+ years’ experience in designing and developing Infrastructure Automation
- Proficient in Linux OS (RHEL7, OEL7, CentOS) administration and trouble-shooting skills
- Familiar with OS package installation and configuration, File system and Services management
- Should have skills to identify potential problems, actively communicate and take necessary actions
- Experience in working with System and Application Monitoring Tools
- Should have work experience in OS patching and fixing security vulnerabilities
- Proficient in vSphere virtualization and familiar with any Cloud Technologies (Openstack, AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Knowledge in Load Balancing, Networking, Routing and Switching
- Familiar with traditional SAN Storage, NAS or vSAN and troubleshoot Storage issues
- Should be good at Web technologies (Apache, Nginx, Tomcat)
- Hands-on experience with Configuration Management using Ansible and/or Puppet
- Familiar with Source Code Management using Git/Gitlab
- Familiar with Container Technologies (Dockers, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS)
- Hands-on experience with at least two of following scripting Languages: Python, Perl, PowerShell or BASH
- Ability to work with Global Teams and have good interpersonal communication skill
- Comfortable working together with Development, QA and Release Teams to support overall Business requirements
- You have demonstrable experience, with the ability to build strong working relationships with variety of teams, drive change and see projects to completion
- Any certifications on Linux OS, Cloud Infrastructure or Networking are a big plus (e.g. VCP, RedHat, CCNA, etc.)
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, training, course work, certification, etc.)
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2013099