Director Software EngineerBangalore, India 08/14/2019
Title : Director Software Engineer : M10 - Bangalore
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external.
About Business Unit:
DCE is an Online eCommerce website that allows Transactional (www.dell.com), Commercial and Channel customers (premier.dell.com) to purchase end to end products and solutions from Dell. There are 60,000+ commercial customers with $14.8Billion dollar annual revenue and around $3billion transactional customer annual revenue . Team works on new feature delivery, and operationalizing these applications as highly available and across the globe with support for 64 languages. Dell is a $90B annual revenue organization, and DCE Transactional and Premier segments contribute to $17B in annual revenue
- Site error rate improvements
- Increasing visibility in applications and infrastructure to better improve MTTF and MTTR in the online ecosystem
- Grow the engineering team to be world class in all aspects of SRE
- Manage executive relationships
- Lead Digital Transformation with focus on People, Process and Technology areas
- Addresses problems across functional areas of the business.
- Demonstrate leadership and influence peers, other IT & Business Stake holders.
- Effectively Manage relationships with internal IT and Business Partners.
- Should be excellent at communication and negotiation.
- He/She must have at least 3 years’ experience supporting a windows server environment. Knowledge of windows server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 is mandatory, knowledge of Server 2019 is an added advantage
- He/She must have at least 3 years hands-on experience setting up applications on Internet information services and understand complex troubleshooting techniques. In depth understanding of IIS7 through 10 is very important to perform well in this role
- He/She should have intermediate/advanced expertise in writing PowerShell scripts and using PowerShell to administer a complex windows server environment. Hands-on experience working with versions 2 through 4 is mandatory
- He/She should have at least 12 months experience working with Octopus Deploy. This includes setting up builds in octopus, automating post deployment activities & deploying tentacles.
- He/She should have hands-on experience working with various source control tools like TFS and Team City.
- The candidate must have worked with basic http debugging tools like fiddler, chrome developer tools, Yslow, pagespeed & IE Dev tools.
- Knowledge of server and network troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, Process explorer, process monitor is an added advantage
- Candidate must have significant experience monitoring complex ecommerce environments, knowledge of tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics is essential to be able to perform the duties of a DevOps engineer successfully
- Basic understanding of designing DR and HA capabilities for applications to make them more resilient
- knowledge of F5 products such as LTM/GTM/iRules is an added advantage
- Good understanding of cloud providers like Microsoft Azure, Pivotal cloud foundry or Amazon Web services is an added advantage. Certification on any/all of these products is beneficial
- Understanding how to build, deploy, manage and scale applications on public and private cloud environments will be a great value add.
- Basic understanding of container based deployment products like Docker, Rancher etc.
- understanding Application request routing, URLRewrite & External Cache modules in IIS is essential
- understanding networking concepts such as DNS, loadbalancing, Ethernet, ARP, LAN, IPaddressing and Subnetting, OSI Model etc is necessary to carry out this role
- Good handle on writing and reading regular expressions
- apart from the technical skills it is important that the candidate applying for this role has worked with cross functional teams and has delivered atleast one project that involves migrating complex .net applications to a new version of windows
- Candidate must understand the tenets of problem and incident management, knowledge or ServiceNow and ITIL certification is a nice to have
- Bachelors or Masters in relative field with 15 plus years of Engineering Experience
- 3-5 years DevOps experience
- 5+ years of management leadership experience
- Proven Leadership of Site Reliability Engineering required
- Experience with leading monitoring Alerting tools - Splunk, Catchpoint, Code Profiling
- Second line management experience highly desired
- Prior experience in leadership roles for globally distributed teams
- Experience driving and delivering innovation
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects successfully with demonstrated collaboration, architecture and design understanding
- Well versed in supporting executive communication
- Leading Engineering teams with GitLab and Cloud platforms (prefer Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience)
- Masters degree preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R028777
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Engineer, Service Delivery - Cloud - Comcast Bengaluru, India
- Senior Software Engineer - IT Bengaluru, India
- Principal SW Engineer - IT Bengaluru, India