Director, Software Engineering
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Title: Director, SW Engineering, Data Management
Job location: Bangalore
This position is for Engineering Director in Data Management, Bangalore. Position is to lead the strategic and execution goals of the group predominantly in the Application Plugins and Data Movers group.
The Director is responsible for planning and execution of quality deliverables on-schedule. This position works very closely with key stakeholders within and outside the Data Protection Software (DPSW) team and is responsible for the delivery of roadmap of DPSW group. This position is responsible for skill development, team’s goal setting, status reporting to global team, monitoring and anticipating risk, mitigation efforts, and contributing to overall organization alignment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Some of the key deliverables include, but are not limited to:
• Lead and demonstrate superior technical and procedural excellence while independently managing complex modules and providing a superior end deliverables
• Manage and resolve any dependencies while working within the construct of Agile Methodology
• Promote employee development, including coaching, mentoring, and identifying opportunities for improvement in the technical, customer engagement, and process areas
• Create a culture of ownership and accountability – ensure teams understand their objectives and are provided the tools and guidance to be successful
• Utilize her/his experience and proven track record, insights and analysis to determine levers for operational efficiency to drive continuous improvement across departments and success teams
• Identify process automation/improvement opportunities and work with cross-functional teams to drive identified initiatives
• Collaborate with team and prepare Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly business reviews
•Software strategy, design, development and sustenance of the teams responsible for Setting and achieving the goals – Both execution and aspirational and should be able to motivate team to rally around these goals
- Solid working knowledge of Enterprise Software products and solutions
- Good knowledge of the Enterprise Software. A hands-on experience with enterprise grade product would be a requisite.
- Ability to identify potential product design issues/improvements; provide design guidance/recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns; drive cross-functional development efforts
- Understanding of related technologies, suppliers and competitive offerings
- At least 15+ years’ experience in design and development, with a minimum of 5+ years of management experience, leading large teams both on premise and remotely; will be responsible for an organization upwards of 50 individuals
- Experience leading and developing high performing managers and individual contributors
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions, including a track record of identifying gaps or business needs and developing high impact solutions
Desirable skill include:
- Strong ability to motivate and achieve results through team
- Demonstrated skill in managing senior development, system engineers, and managers
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- The Domain knowledge around data protection, server, storage would be an added plus.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R088888
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.