To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Java Engineering Manager
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
RSA Fraud & Risk Intelligence suite delivers holistic omnichannel fraud detection and mitigation capabilities, so organizations can thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change and consumers ever-increasing demand for convenience while reducing fraud losses and operational costs
- Hire, mentor and grow team members
- Improve development processes, with Agile emphasis
- Leverage innovation to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Expert communication and presentation skills working with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace, high-pressure, and sometimes ambiguous environment
Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC), processes and procedures
- Drive root cause analyses, and coach others on doing them, in collaboration with software development teams, as well as leading local development to improve engineering performance
- Be able to lead complicated technical issues while sharing status updated with management and customers
- Provide technical support and direction regarding new or existing technologies, operational standards, and staff development
- Provides direction and encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Become a subject matter expert
- Close collaboration with group manager, architects, product managers and neighboring engineering teams
- Performing well under pressure
- 12-15 years of overall experience with at least 2-4 years’ experience of managing engineering teams
- Significant experience working in Agile environment
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing diverse global teams
- Manage staffing capacity, ensure proper workload-capacity balancing, and team productivity
- Leverages process-oriented and metrics driven execution
- Aggressive focus on results and demonstrating improvements in capability maturity
- A problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, strong process orientation and ability to manage through complexity and rapid change
- Extensive experience in product development using Java/J2EE and related integration technologies.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal abilities are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in Azure/AWS is and added advantage
- Experience in Cyber Security domain is an added advantage
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job ID: R065255
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.