Database Manager(People Management, Oracle & DB2)
Primary Location: India
Dell Technologies customers rely on our products and services to drive progress. So we take the service we provide extremely seriously. Service Delivery is all about making sure our technical solutions help clients fulfil their priorities, challenges and initiatives. As trusted advisors, we build in-depth knowledge of what each client wants to achieve. Then we make sure the services delivered by Dell Technologies deliver on all our promises. We also work closely with Sales and Global Services colleagues to develop strategic account growth plans, and to identify and pursue sales opportunities.
Join us as a Manager 1, Service Delivery on our Service Delivery team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Manager 1, Service Delivery, you will be responsible for Managing DB team consisting of Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, Sybase, MySQL Resources in collaboration with existing Manager. process maturation, development, technical standards creation, and drive operational excellence through consistent delivery and best practices. This role will also include the core fundamentals of day-to-day operations, based off the ITIL v3 methodology.
- Would be responsible for Managing DB team consisting of Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, Sybase, MySQL Resources in collaboration with existing Manager.
- Manage day to day operational and Manager activities, would be 1st point of Management Escalation.
- Responsible for people Management, Customer satisfaction and Employee Satisfaction.
- Reviews weekly metrics/KPIs reporting trends for multiple customers.
- Proactively work with leadership team and stake holder Management.
- Mentors team members on Technical solutions and implements and drive continuous improvement.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Minimum 5+ years people management experience mandatory for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal and Business communication skills, ability to interact with global team and understand global business dynamics.
- Deep understanding of shared services managed service Delivery.
- Should have performed Technical role in on of the DB technologies.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a work group
- Understanding of ITSM & ITIL process, ITIL certification an advantage
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 16 Nov 2020
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R075870