To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
MTS2/3-Devops, Build tools
Primary Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
MTS Engineering Operations
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Cloud Platform Engineering Operations team. Want to take part in driving the next generation of DevOps at VMware? Come join our team. Our team works on several fronts including managing the delivery of code through development and release branches, defining and driving quality expectations, defining key operational metrics, providing overall ownership and governance of our code line models and leading engineering productivity initiatives. We are hyper-focused on managing operations via the development of robust and reliable automation.
In this hands-on role you will drive the operational aspects of delivering high-quality code to our cloud and onprem offerings with a primary focus on driving efficiency improvements through a combination of automation and flexible process controls. Developing frictionless operational models that maintain pipeline stability, adhere to operational KPIs (key performance indicators) and delight our user base will be key in this role. This is a highly visible position across multiple engineering teams and therefore requires working closely with stakeholders across all R&D functions.
- Job Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day technical operations of code streams targeting cloud and onprem offerings
- Define, drive and integrate improvements that equate to higher developer productivity, increased code quality and faster delivery. Take full ownership and drive those efforts to successful outcomes
- Identify and integrate metrics providing line of sight on predictability and quality convergence
- Provide governance and oversight with our development model to meet our goals of delivering high quality software in a predictable manner
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, M.S. preferred
- 5-8 years overall technology experience in a software development related role, and a deep knowledge of software development methodologies including Agile
- Experience in managing CI/CD processes for enterprise SaaS and onprem applications. Strong knowledge of DevOps practices
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to drive to solutions both independently and working with teams
- Ability to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems
- Ability to broadly influence and collaborate with a broad set of business, engineering and operation functions
- Good people management skills: mentoring, team building and collaboration
- Prior proven experience in scripting, automation, build & test, SCM and DevOps methodologies a strong plus
Come thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of execution, passion, integrity, customers and community. Be a part of our journey and make a significant impact in delivering quality code in a fast-paced and highly energized environment. Apply today.
VMware Values: Our Values. Your Journey.
E X E C U T I O N: Do It Together
We debate, discuss, and then get things done as One VMware. We check our egos at the door and work together without compromising impact, quality or efficiency.
P A S S I O N: Challenge the Status Quo
We are fuelled by curiosity and the pursuit of the seemingly impossible to continuously make things better for our customers, products and each other.
I N T E G R I T Y: Build Trust
We say what we do then do what we say. We build and nurture relationships with one another, our customers, partners, shareholders, and community without taking anything for granted.
C U S T O M E R S: Make It Possible
Our customers are core to our mission. We empower our customers by freeing them from constraints so they can meet their toughest technological challenges. We succeed when they succeed.
C O M M U N I T Y: Give More
We are all connected. We approach each other with open minds and humble hearts. We serve by dedicating our time, talent, and energy, creating a thriving community together.
Let’s shape the future of what’s next together.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2014509