Principal Software Engineer (Fullstack)
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Max 5 - 7 bullet points with a small introduction.
- Max 5 - 7 bullet points (key education must be included in this section).
- Max 0 - 5 bullet point of requirements that may be helpful, but not necessary
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
- Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions for internal and external customers. Designs, evaluates, codes, configures, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements
- Designs, codes, tests, debug and documents software according to Dell’s systems standards, policies and, procedures, security and compliance requirements.
- Analyzes business needs and creates, defines software solutions including custom developed and off the shelf software.
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Interacts with Product Owner, Product Managemnt and Customers to define current and future application requirements.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of application programming and analysis. Strong Object-oriented programming skills
- Strong software engineering skills, thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to work in global development environment
- Self-starter, proactive, good team player, should possess exceptional commitment towards success of the team, and should have excellent crisis management skills.
- Work with the Engineering Manager, product owners, architects, developers and SDETs to endure that the product is being delivered with quality on time and within budget
- Work with internal IT teams to coordinate project interlocks and deployments
- Responsible for scrum and agile excellence
- 9 years of experience in software application development.
- Strong experience in design, development using micro-services architecture (using Core Java, SpringBoot, Angular, python, etc.,) for deployment to cloud technologies(preferably AWS and Azure).
- Deep knowledge and experience in design, development of applications on using No-SQL(MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.,) skills.
- Good experience in Middleware technology like Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Chef Puppet
- Experience in data handling & processing tools like, Elastic, Kibaba, Spark etc
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders within and outside our division to implement modernized and sustainable technology roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Enterprise & Solutions Architects across the division to ensure standardized, high quality, architecturally sound tactical implementations.
- Sound knowledge of Data structures, Algorithms, APIs, and Designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining Distributed systems across the full lifecycle including concept, design, implementation, testing, and operations.
- Self-directed with strong sense of ownership, excellent communication skills, and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with XP/Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.