To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Principal Software Engineer (Mobile Automation and Quality)
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a a Principal Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As a part of the team, you will analyze the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software environments focusing on mobile development, automation and quality aspects.
- Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
- Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
- 10+ years’ experience in software testing or related field.
- Familiarity/hands on experience with mobile testing and automation.
- A passion for quality and automation.
- Ability to make the important trade-offs between perfection and complexity
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing and documenting software test automation frameworks over various platforms, Server, Web and native Mobile
- Problem Solving, process improvement and coaching
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metrics.
- Experience with Appium - Java on iOS and Android platforms is a must;
- Experience of Selenium WebDriver is mandatory;
- Experience with Mobile Debuggers, SDK, Simulator(iOS) and Emulator (Android);
- Experience of C#, Test Runners, like Junit/TestNG
- Knowledge of Build systems, like Jenkins;
- Exposure to Mobile Labs
- Experience/understanding of agile/scrum based development methodologies
- Experience with IDE like XCode and Android Studio
- Familiarity with JIRA, GIT, SQL and databases
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows environments.
Understanding of security fundamentals (e.g., authentication, cryptography) is desirable.
10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R066269