To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Principal Software Quality Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a [Principal S/W Quality Engineer] on our [Quality Engineering] team in [Bangalore].
As this is for a Principle Software Quality Engineer, the person should come with excellent test automation, framework development and maintenance skills and also good in arriving at test plans, test strategy, debugging and reporting skills. He/She should have good mentoring skills and work as a team member for overall success of the team and product.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 9 - 12 years of working experience in Software development and Quality engineering. Excellent test automation experience including test automation framework development and extensibility
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test strategy, technical approach, detailed test plans and test scenarios.
- Proficiency in programming languages, preferably Java and scripting languages like Perl, Python.
- Train and mentor team members for the implementation of test automation strategies and best practices.
- Hands-on experience with development and testing practices suitable for an Agile/Lean development organization, including TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Hands-on experience in Windows /UNIX / Linux platforms.
- Experience in performance engineering
- Experience working with complex distributed systems and cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Exposure to Log analyzing tools like Kibana
- Experience in working with Jenkins, Relational databases SQL and/or No-SQL is mandatory
- Excellent Oral and Written communication is a must.
- Hands on Performance testing tools experience (Load Runner, JMeter etc.) is an added advantage.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R065352