Principal Systems Development Engineer
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Principal Systems Development Engineer
Join us as a Principal Systems Development Engineer on our Server Communications Engineering teamto do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As part of the Server Communications Engineering team, you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who are making a positive difference in our industry for Dell Technologies. Our unique position as a leading technology provider ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and contribute to solutions that help customers transform their business into digital enterprises. Be part of the team that delivers 10, 25, 40, 50 and 100Gbps Ethernet,16/32GFibreChannel and 100Gbps+ high-performance fabrics to data centers, clusters and the cloud.
- Identify and communicate design requirements to technology partners and ODMs for Ethernet, Fibre Channel and Infiniband interfaces; and related drivers and software. Work closely with them to develop, test and debug these features during integration of networking devices into Dell EMC systems.
- Participate as a member of the engineering Project Delivery Team to deliver complete products into the Dell server business
- Develop debug and automation tools to be used by you and other engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues on interfaces such as Ethernet 802.3, Fibre Channel, Infiniband, PCIe and NC-SI
- Write development engineering test plans for the bring-up and unit test phases of the network device and server development process
- Characterize and debug complex issues reported from internal validation teams and the field to determine root cause and identify fixes together with technology partners, while keeping relevant parties informed
- Proficiency in working with third-party technical partners or geographically dispersed engineering team members to develop electronic assemblies and solve problems
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical data sheets, schematics, specifications or standards
- Experience in the development of drivers and/or firmware for electronics subsystems
- Demonstrated proficiency in solving complex problems and root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) specifications, plans, status, and issue details
- Demonstrated expertise in managing suppliers or third-party engineering teams
- At least one of the first two “Preferences” listed below
- Experience: 8-12 Years of Enterprise product development.
- Experience with networking and communications technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, NC-SI, FC, iSCSI and Infiniband.
- Experience in Windows, Linux network storage driver architecture and implementation
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, C/C++, and web applications.
- Experience with virtualization using VMware, Hyper-V
- Experience in Windows/Linux/ESX administration experience
- Familiar with advanced networking switch configurations
- Embedded systems development experience
- Experience with remote network management and administration including standards such as Redfish, SMASH, MCTP, and PLDM
- Server or client computer systems development experience
- Experience with third-party technical partners/vendors/ODMs to develop hardware / software products.
- Experience working with networking and timing products within the Telco, 5G, or RAN/VRAN environment
- Bachelors or Masters
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 28
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.