Principal Systems Development Engineer
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Principal Systems Development Engineer
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
Join our Global Support and Deployment Product Group Software Engineering team and you'll help develop innovative design and sustained solutions for supporting all of our enterprise products produced worldwide. We are offering a unique opportunity to a highly motivated, competent individual. You will be an architect and senior developer looking at future technology and how it can be utilized to produce superior quality software with a high degree of predictability to enhance serviceability for Dell's server, storage and networking products.
- Be working on top of the class deploy and storage technology supporting world class enterprise systems.
- Will be trained on latest technologies in the market and immense potential to gain knowledge
- Diagnosis, troubleshoot and responds to international customer technical problems/issues related to hardware, software and networking via ServiceNow escalated incidents.
- Uses resolution techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls / contacts.
- Possess excellent communication skills, empathy and the ability to work with diverse range of people with varying levels of technical understanding and ability in international environment.
- Resolve issues while working closely with multi-functional teams
- Provide feedback to Engineering for improving product quality and reliability
- Determine priority levels while negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- Ensure the customer is communicated with in a timely manner and treated with the highest degree of respect
- Drive excellence through quality closures and proper escalation of issues
- Research, validate and recommend key solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10 to 12 years of related experience
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of SOA concepts
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL is required
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git
- Knowledge on tools like ServiceNow, Jira, Sharepoint etc
- Understanding of high end computer systems (CPU, memory, buses, I/O, device drivers, buffering, job scheduling, virtual memory, file systems) in general
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Attitude to diagnosing complex issues until the rootcause is obtained
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
"#NJP"Job ID: R105853