To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
A Product Designer is responsible for the end to end experience of a product, a project, or a feature. This starts with the initial research that comes with understanding the customer, business and technology space to specifying end to end workflows, interactions and experience. A productdesigner collaborateswith cross-functional product teams across the globe, to create experiences for challenging problems around cloud computing.
A Product Designer is expected to:
- Work with their product management and engineering teams as well as other designs to help define productgoals, requirementsand represent user’s point of view throughout the product planning process.
- Design theworkflows, wireframes, prototypes,sketches, and final delivery mockups, to illustrate design solutions.
- Work with the engineering team to deliver those workflows the same way they were envisioned. Remember that a design is not "done" until it is actually delivered to customers.
- Work with the design, product management, and engineering leadership to improve the design and product development process.
- Verify and improve on designsthrough reviews,validations and formal usability testing with end users.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and deliver multiple iterations and versions of a design to quickly advance VMware's product portfolio. Speed and agility are extremely important.
- Have the ability to make sensible design decisions even when not all data is available and be able to figure out and correct possible mistakes that ship or are discovered before shipping a product or a feature.
- 4+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
- Proficiency in UX design and prototyping tools such as Framer, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Expertise in behavioral sciences such cognitive psychology. Specifically, motivations and decision-making.
- Expertise in marketing and/or eCommerce.
- Expertise in graphic (visual) design.
- Experience in the entertainment industry.
- Experience designing for global markets.
- Experience facilitating UX Research mixed methods and tools, such as un-moderated user testing, diary studies, surveys, etc.
Design at VMware:
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: User Experience
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-03-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2003992