Product Operations Senior Engineer - I7Bangalore, India 03/16/2020
Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineer on our team in Bangalore
- The CloudOps Engineer is responsible for 24/7 availability for all cloud hosted and a cloud SaaS systems and services
- Front line Support and sustain customer facing Applications in AWS Production environments
- Initiate Incident Response for cloud outages, respond, troubleshoot and resolve production alerts, and escalate as needed to ensure operating within SLAs
- Analyze trends to pro-actively prevent incidents, and provide continuous improvements to system automation and management systems.
- Participate in regular scheduled Cloud Updates and Maintenance
- Assist in security vulnerability and remediation
- Keep everyone informed about the health and viability of the platform by reporting known issues and the status of ongoing investigations.
- Evolve best practices around cloud operations for all product teams to follow
- Work with Product R & D teams in provisioning and deploying applications on promote to production environments and during roll backs
- Manage and execute Disaster recovery procedures
Required Technical Skills
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure; AWS
- Hands on Experience with AWS Web Services across Compute(EC2, ECS Lambda), S3, RDS, Network, Security and Management & Governance(CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Config, OpsWorks) and other AWS Services
- Experience or familiarity with provisioning tools like Terraform, CloudFormation or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud operational best practices.
- Experience with installing and configuring Apache, Tomcat and Nginx.
- Deep expertise in Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
- Experience in Linux and Shell scripts
- Experience with configuring security tools
- Experience with Incident Management tools (PagerDuty or similar) and monitoring tools (DataDog or Splunk or similar)
- Exposure to & maintenance of configuration management tools at scale
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- A proven record of being able to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed including being available for off hours production support
- Continuous Learning mindset, and never give-up attitude
Experience: 4 - 7 years of experience in Cloud Operations withing Product Development Organization.
- We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 31-Dec-2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering RSA Job ID: R047853