Senior Consultant-DataCenter Migration Lead
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Professional Services Senior Consultant
Today, every organization needs to be digital, powered by data, running in a multi-cloud world, ready to take on anything. Our Consulting team assesses customer’s strategic, organizational and business challenges and uses in-depth industry knowledge to offer technical solutions that apply to future business environment and operational objectives to help our Dell Technologies gain market share and increase efficiency.
The IT Transformation Consulting Team at DELL EMC is uniquely positioned to help customers in their Transformation Journey to make them relevant for the next decade. This niche team of consultants work across the globe work with the Dell EMC global fortune 500 customers in
- Defining their Transformation road map
- As part of Data Center Modernize and Migration team, we help customers modernize, migrate their workloads to target infrastructure by meticulous planning, application centric approach and seam less execution
Join us as a Senior Consultant on our Professional Services team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Professional Services Senior Consultant, you will provide technical and consultative guidance for solutions opportunities on a range of complex engagements and deliver technical architectural design, strategies and solutions for engagements.
- Communication with service managers, application owners or other customer representatives in the support of the discovery and analysis process.
- Perform infrastructure discovery and application dependency analysis
- Determine business requirements, identify migration strategies, negotiate schedules and provide on-going coordination
- Basic involvement in the design, planning and execution of migration plan to migrate/decommission infrastructure without disruption to business groups
- Support consultant/senior consultant in conducting architecture reviews, capacity planning, work scheduling, implementation planning and execution, post implementation planning and execution
- Participate meetings with SMEs from all areas of the business including: Architects and Leads to seek input from and review migration methodology, resource requirements, timeline and constraints
- Track and report on all infrastructure scheduled for migration
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- At least 8 years of experience with datacenter rationalization, consolidation, relocation or migration is preferred
- Demonstrated holistic understanding of Datacenter Operations (i.e. Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Data Base Mgt., Systems Mgt., Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices, etc.)
- Experience in DC Migration which includes Conversion of Physical to Virtual Servers using tools such as VMware Converter.
- Experience with installation, customization and integration of highly complex architecture and technologies
- Experience with executing projects with approved methodology while adhering to margin, planning and SOW requirements
- Good working knowledge of Dell EMC toolsets (e.g. SRDF, SAN Copy, vMotion, RecoverPoint, etc
- Proficient in Microsoft office – MS Excel, MS Visio and MS Access
- Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage and network functions
- Knowledge of server platform technologies
- Ability to manage a project plan, track milestones and identify dependencies
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 01 June 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.