Senior Engineer-Automation(Python/Ansible & Puppet)
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Senior Service Delivery Engineer
Dell Technologies customers rely on our products and services to drive progress. So we take the service we provide extremely seriously. Service Delivery is all about making sure our technical solutions help clients fulfil their priorities, challenges and initiatives. As trusted advisors, we build in-depth knowledge of what each client wants to achieve. Then we make sure the services delivered by Dell Technologies deliver on all our promises. We also work closely with Sales and Global Services colleagues to develop strategic account growth plans, and to identify and pursue sales opportunities.
Join us as a Senior Engineer on our Professional Services team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Service Delivery Engineer, you will provide world-class delivery support to our customers by building an in-depth knowledge of our customers’ priorities and initiatives and becoming a trusted advisor that avoids customer impact and facilitates continuous improvement. You will identify potential sales and growth opportunities and will partner with key stakeholders to maximize these prospects.
- Develop tools and implement systems to automate server and other infrastructure provisioning
- Architecting end to end CI/CD solutions using popular Platforms like Jenkins or GitLab
- Leverage scripting languages to build automated solutions and integrations on an ad-hoc basis. Languages often include PowerShell, BASH, Perl, Ruby and Python across both Windows and Linux systems.
- Exposure to end to end CI/CD Solutions for automating software’s or infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve CMDB keeping up with the current technologies in the space.
- Experience with development of container based / virtualized environment that will scale to support converged infrastructure management at scale.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of relevant experience, 6+ years of experience in systems engineering or product development.
- Automation frameworks like Ansible/Puppet -- automating a real-world production environment
- Exposure to Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Puppet Enterprise
- Experience with Software-defined Networking (SDN) and Software Defined Storage (SDS), GlusterFS, Ceph.
- Experience with methodologies such as Infrastructure as code (IaC), DevOps, Agile technology delivery, Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (design and usage).
- Strong experience in Source code repositories like Git and SVN
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 01 May 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R099780