Senior Engineer, Service Delivery - Cloud - ComcastBangalore, India 09/01/2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Dell EMC Managed Services span infrastructure, engineered solutions, and end users. Engineered Solutions encompasses our expertise in cloud solutions comprised of different best-of-breed products from Dell Technologies businesses such as Virtustream, VMware, and Pivotal. These cloud platforms include Dell EMC Converged Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud with VMware and Pivotal. Within the Infrastructure Managed Services at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Senior Engineer, Service Delivery to join our team in Bangalore
Company Details: Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work for Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition: Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Job Summary:This role must be able to understand, execute and document moderate to complex operational tasks and work requests that are assigned and have experience in moderate to complex research and fact finding using various tools and informational sources. The role will be responsible for leading and participating in complex projects across various customer segments.
Provides operational support to Clients for implementations and management of EMC Virtsutream federation solutions. Works closely with the customer on EMC Best Practices; ensures EMC solutions work as intended in the customer's environment.
- 6+ years of Experience in remote IT Infrastructure support of global enterprise clients
- Experience in supporting through ticketing tool using standard ITIL framework and sensitive to Client SLAs
- Expertise in vCloud Automation Center & vRealize Automation Center architecture
- Expertise in vCenter Orchestrator /vCloud Director & Vsphere hypervisor
- Experience working on Hyper-Converged Infrastructure - VxRail
- Knowledge and Understanding of VMware VCF - VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Install, Configure and manage vRealize Automation Center 6.2 and components
- Understand and configure vCloud Automation Center workflows
- Integrate VMware® vCenter™ Orchestrator™ with vCloud Automation Center
- Automate application provisioning with VMware vCloud® Application Director
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation through VROPs
- Ability to work in shifts in a 24x7 setup.
- Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships. Holds responsibility for achieving the Virtustream Bar of Excellence as the highest level of Customer Satisfaction for every customer. Expected to have strong customer-facing skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and crisis management.
- Deploy Distributed Execution Managers and agents for vRealize Automation Center connectivity
- Configure endpoints to support compute fabric connectivity
- Manage vRealize Automation Center 6.2 entities on VMware® hardware, third-party hardware, and cloud infrastructures
- Configure & manage vRealize Automation Center infrastructure services
- Configure and manage tenants and blueprints
- Configure and manage a service catalog
- Configure and manage role-based access control
- Request and manage machines using the user portal
- Contributes to the development of strategies, policies and best practices through participation in team meetings and other direct contributions.
- Proficient in working directly with highly technical customers and managing customer expectations.
- Adheres to and utilizes proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job Family: Engineering Professional-Services Job ID: R028051
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Engineer, Service Delivery Bengaluru, India
- Software Principal Engineer Bengaluru, India
- Software Engineer 2 - IT Bengaluru, India