Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Lead/manage a team of SW development engineers and deliver best in class serviceability features on Dell commercial and consumer client products.
- Lead/manage proactive engagements with vendors/partners and cross functional teams.
- Effectively communicate with executives on the topics of serviceability features, produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations, recommendations.
- Lead the implementation of security development life cycles across client product groups.
- Coordinate and work with partners on the enablement of serviceability features.
- Provide oversight of resources, budgets, projects, and programs
- Drive and support the implementation of the strategy with the team
- Manage the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Manage the relationship outside of software organization, work with cross functional groups quality, marketing, sales, platform HW teams.
- Review the requirement, design, implementation plans and provides appropriate recommendations.
- Track and drive implementation to meet product schedules and commitments.
- Bachelor's/MS degree in computer/electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading engineering development teams.
- Minimum of 10 years of hands on experience on BSW/BIOS development.
- Strong technical communication skills (oral and written) including experience briefing executive management and desire to work with clients to solve complex security issues, including at times in crisis situations
- Strong understanding of PC architecture/BIOS.
Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer
Job ID: R086401
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.