Senior Software Development EngineerBangalore, India 03/16/2020
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Senior Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Software Engineer on our RSA Netwitness team in Bangalore.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Contributes to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments Prepares written software/storage specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents.
Develops and reviews design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed Develops, reviews, analyzes and implements test strategies for software products and systems/for storage products and systems Develops, tests and integrates code for new or existing software of significant complexity.
- Provides sustaining or maintenance support to existing software/storage environment, either by implementation or providing guidance to less senior engineers.
- Designs and implements source code revision control methods for products.
- Prepares accurate project status documentation for leadership
- Measures and analyzes quality metrics. Defines and implements actions for departmental or cross-functional process improvements Contributes to resource, schedule and cost sizing for software development projects of medium complexity
Strong Programming & scripting skills in Java / Python / Unix scripting, Proficiency in at least two of the server/ client-side programming languages such as Java, Scala, Python, node.js
- Good understanding of Server Architectures, Storage, Networking technologies, Operating System.Experience on CentOS, Linux will be a big plus with Virtualization knowledge.
- Over 6+ years of experience in Java and backend Development in Product development environment.
- Hands-on experience building an REST API, Launch, Spring frame work, and Microservice Architecture and experience on any of the RDBMS/No SQL databases such MongoDB, PostgreSQL.
- Ability to design APIs, coupled with a passion for writing clean code. Understanding of security standards and secure development processes
- Proficiency with methodologies, including Agile, Kanban and SAFE framework, Proficiency with frameworks such as Spring, Play, AngularJS, ExtJS, NodeJS etc.
Work closely with the team (product owner, designers and other developers) and customers to holistically understand business and user requirements, and derive adequate application development concepts
- Solve complex integration issues and End to end quality mindset tasks, Experience with testing your own work and working in DevOps fashion
- Strong collaboration skills – ability to navigate cross functional teams to deliver on shared objectives. Ability to work in global teams with different time zones,
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, objects oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded programming, and software design principles
- Hands-On experience in continuous integration and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven. Experience with version control tools such as Git, Github will be an added advantage
- Experience with cloud-based application development using platforms such as AWS Cloud Platform Azure & Google Cloud Platform
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language.A demonstrated history of getting things done and strong teamwork mindset.
- We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering RSA Job ID: R054355