To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Senior Software Engineer (Android Development)
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
Senior Software Engineer - Android Development
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
RSA, a Dell Technologies Business, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments. Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, SIEM, data loss prevention, continuous network monitoring, and fraud protection with industry leading GRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated
RSA is seeking very a talented Android Software Developer to help RSA build its next next-generation identity assurance service. You will be working on a product that organizations worldwide depend on to detect, investigate, and take targeted action against tomorrow’s most sophisticated cyber-attacks. You will work with some of best and brightest minds and have fun doing it!
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As part of the team, you will analyze the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments
- Prepare written software/storage specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents
- Create and review design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
- Design, develop, integrate, test and deploy significant parts of the software platform and apps
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Focus on strong and secure coding practices
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- Solid knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; android software; tools and utilities
- Ability to code/debug more complex programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Ability to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing Android applications using Android SDK
- Great Java programming skills
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated use of Android patterns and frameworks
- Expert-level understanding of Android networking, inter-process communication, local data caching and multitasking
- Experience with RESTful services, Android Web APIs and Android NDK
- Knowledge of Android multithreading performance and optimization techniques
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated use of object-oriented design principles
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated use of Android design patterns and frameworks
- Familiar with Software Configuration Management tools
- Experience with developer testing practices and understands the differences between unit, functional, and system tests
- Ability to speak and write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Excellent analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts or principles
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with IDE like XCode and Android Studio
- Familiarity with JIRA, GIT, SQL and databases
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows environments.
- Domain knowledge of the information security industry is a big plus.
5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R066272