Senior Software Engineer - SaaSOps
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a SaaS / Cloud, Application Support Engineer on our team in Bedford, MA.
RSA Security creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
You will have an opportunity to support RSA’s ongoing large scale SaaS Cloud Environments. This will involve you working closely with skilled Development and Operations teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of the SaaS environment support. You will be expected to understand the needs of software development, operations and security teams.
The SaaS / Cloud Application Engineer is responsible participating in the implementation, support and monitoring of RSA's Cloud and hosted applications.
The ideal candidate will be able to, support maintain, design, monitor and deploy a world-class SaaS hosting services, work with RSA's partners/teams to deploy cloud applications from the development and test environments, into our cloud / hosted production environments.
- Provide application support for multiple mission-critical applications in SaaS and cloud environments
- Troubleshoots and resolves application, instance, and/or system issues, able to arrive at RCA write-ups
- Develop, implement, document, and execute standard operations procedures,
- Improve and implement proactive monitoring & availability for work hours as required to meet operational objectives
- Create and protect Production Secret keys, restrict access to sensitive customer data
- Working with Engineering to design automation of procedures, deployment, controls and Security
- Take part in SaaS Operations technical activities related to supporting, deploying, auditing and adopting new products and services
- Integrate technologies, processes, tools, and methodologies to mature SaaS Operations services (procedures, application management tools, monitoring and more)
- Communicate deployment and production related activities internally and externally when appropriate (especially during disaster recovery times)
- Participate in an on-call rotations to provide coverage during off business hours
SPECIFIC MUST HAVE SKILLS:
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field with relevant experience as mentioned below
- At least 6 years of experience in an enterprise application support in Hosted and / or cloud environments
- At least 3 years of UNIX / Linux hands-on experience
- At least 3 years of Experience in managing / supporting cloud solutions (Azure preferred)
- Applicative SQL Server DBA skills including a DB schema understanding; a sql queries writing, tuning, and execution
- Experience with monitoring tools usage and configuration (Zabbix, Solarwinds, Dynatrace)
- Experience in working with Cloud vendors (Azure, AWS)
- Programming & scripting experience (Python/Linux Shell/PowerShell etc.)
- Knowledge in network services (DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP, SSH) and networking equipment configuration (Routers, Switches, Load balancers etc.)
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
Nice to Have Skills:
Good understanding of Security concepts and Secure Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with Reporting and Analytics tools (Elasticsearch/Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience in working in Government systems operations (FedRAMP, DoD)
- Experience in working in regulated environments (SOC, PCI)
- Microsoft Windows Server computing fundamentals – Advantage
Job Family: RSA Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R048036
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.