Senior Software Engineer
- Pune, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
About Business Unit:
At Dell EMC, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas into a career with the world's largest Storage and Data Protection provider. As per IDC, Dell EMC is the #1 provider for purpose built backup appliance (PBBA) with 67% market share. Our Data Protection portfolio consists of highly integrated and industry-leading products and technologies that will change the way companies approach the protection and availability of their data and applications. Data Domain is an industry leader to provide best-of-breed solution for backup and archival needs. It provides disk based data protection with excellent storage efficiency using it’s unique In-line Data De-Duplication technology.
- Author architecture documents and design specifications for new functionality.
- Develops solutions to complex problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction.
- Offers proposed changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
- Strong overall product performance focus
- Full stack development
- Contributes to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software environments
- Prepares written software specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents
- Develops and reviews design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and implements test strategies for software products and systems
- Develops, tests and integrates code for new or existing software of significant complexity
- Provides sustaining or maintenance support to existing software environment, either by implementation or providing guidance to less senior engineers
- Designs and implements source code revision control methods for products
- Prepares accurate project status documentation for leadership
- Defines and implements actions for departmental or cross-functional process improvements
- Identify and solve performance and scalability issues involving large data sets, mixed work-load.
- Work in a distributed-team environment using Agile methodologies
- Leverage other development teams, QA and customer support, and constructively weigh and integrate feedback
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction.
- Collaborate well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily share information.
- Significant contributor to organizational goals and objectives.
- BS or MS Computer Science with 5+ years of hands-on file system development experience
- Expert in Unix systems programming in C, multi-threading, algorithms, data structures or Python, Perl
- Good understanding of RDBMS like MYSQL and NOSQL like MongoDB
- Solid experience Django REST or any MVC Framework.
- UX design and development expertise with modern web development framework, preferably Angular
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong Linux operating system knowledge
- Detail oriented.
- Effective in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Understanding of business environment.
- Communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
Also a plus:
- Agile development experience is a plus.
- Storage system technology
- Linux internals
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Corporate-Development Engineering-Development Software-Engineer Job ID: R097256
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.