Senior Technician, Technical SupportBangalore, India 08/16/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Technical support of Precision Workstation Desktops, Portables, Peripherals and software (custom or off the shelf software – industry or proprietary) Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of assigned products. Responsible for following defined policies & procedures (e.g verifies warranty entitlement, etc). Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures. Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Responds to customers technical issues related to hardware, software and networking via e-mail/chat, online, social media and phone.
· Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolution.
· Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service ca lls/contacts.
· Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
· Identifies researches and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems.
· Remains knowledgeable of Dell’s product line, current industry products and technologies.
· Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
· Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution.
· May be involved in revenue generation activities with current Dell customers.
· Reviews and distributes pertinent cross-functional information.
· Escalates more complex customer technical issues to senior level support.
Strong leadership behavior and drive for results.
Excellent telephonic & Email communication skills.
Strong customer Resolving skills & ability to take the ownership and resolve issue
Well-developed problem solving skills
Goal/Career oriented and self-motivated
Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Product-Services Services Global-Services Job ID: R024482
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Systems Development Engineer (I8) Bengaluru, India
- Senior Principal Engineer, Solutions Architecture-PCF Bengaluru, India
- Director, Command Center Bengaluru, India