Senior UX Design Producer
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Game-changing technology projects need expert design producers to drive them. Our globally distributed Product Design Team (UX and UI) is part of the Dell Digital Design organization who is responsible for leading Dell´s product model design execution. As such we are engaged in areas across Marketing, Sales and IT, initiatives both internally and customer facing. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of a project, program and portfolio activity and collaborate primarily across the Seller Lead to Forecast (Sales) experience to get results for our customers that exceed their expectations. Focused on completing projects and programs on time and engaging with other design producers and program managers across our organization. You would also support tracking resource capacity, guide project team members and keep leaders and stakeholders updated on the project status and risk factors.
- You will be responsible for orchestrating, leading, and executing multiple projects by utilizing standard iterative design and delivery methodologies and tools.
- You possess a strong background, obsessed with data, are detail driven, and have excellent problem-solving skills. You will need to be comfortable challenging decisions and assumptions.
- You will be a team builder, the glue between the product design team manager, team lead, designers and our stakeholders.
- You will help define, own and manage the product design team´s project intake process and support managing the team´s roadmap.
- You will influence and drive decisions that impact roadmap and strategy across teams.
- You will conduct lead generation and outreach by looking for opportunity areas where product design is not currently supporting and drive the conversation around how and why Product Designer, UX Writer, Designer, Content Strategist, Technical Writer, etc. is crucial to product success.
- You will collaborate across multiple teams to rationalize a clear N+ view of the backlog while driving process improvements and becoming an SME across specific subject areas.
- You are unafraid to get into the details and provide solution plans.
- You will be the driving force that understands and orchestrates all the moving pieces, and that clearly and concisely communicates issues and status to all stakeholders including the program leadership.
- You will be responsible for identifying and managing risks and stopping (or speeding up) execution at the right time.
- You possess a strong understanding on the links and dependencies between projects, streamline communication, let data/detail do the talking and focus on razor sharp execution.
- You are expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional project teams.
- You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions and yourself.
- Comfort working with groups of team members that are remote, both within the product design team itself as well as with stakeholders
- Possess business, functional and technical skills to help resolve issues for the product design team and eventually manage hand-off to development
- Is a good facilitator
- Is a servant leader not command & control leadership style
- Is a Motivator
- Is passionate about latest processes to manage projects, i.e. Kanban, Scrum, and Agile values & principles
- Is driven to achieve great results for customers
- Strong hi-tech or design agency background with 8+ years experience in project management
- Prior background as a design producer or PM within a UX or UI design team highly preferred – must be able to understand and translate design details with little hand holding
- Demonstrated experience running complex scalable agile projects backed by a deep understanding of the User Centered Design process
- ScrumMaster (CSM), PMP certification preferred
- Experience with TFS/Jira /Confluence/Trello/Asana or other Project Management tools preferred
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R101999