Software Engineer 1 India-R&DBangalore, India 02/11/2019
Job Title : Software Engineer 1
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell's Support and Deployment Services Engineering team is looking for a talented software engineer with a solid understanding of web services/microservices and web application development using Java and related technologies. You will design, develop, validate and deliver end-to-end complex web applications.
Full stack developer with at least 1-2 experience with a very strong programming background. The requirement pertains to Dell Technologies SupportAssist product line. In this role, the candidate will collaborate and interface with Team Leads from different SupportAssist components during all phases of the SDLC. The Developer will design, develop, maintain and support product features in the Production, Pre-Production, and Operations environments.
- Develop the software using TDD/BDD
- Create the design specifications for development from approved business cases
- Develop, automate and execute unit, contract, integration and system tests
- Develop, test and implement program logic.
- Deploy the software using CI and CD
- Performs impact analyses of new features or changes to existing features
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Active participation in Scrum/Kanban meetings and Demos.
- Troubleshoot production issues on demand.
- Experience in TDD/BDD (Test/Behavior driven development), Agile development, CI/CD, DevOps
- Core Java, collections, Spring Framework, Spring Boot and JPA with application architecture
- Front end technologies – HTML5, CSS3, JS, JS frameworks like Angular 6, React, MVC core concepts etc.
- Good Knowledge and experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience in designing Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Excellent programming skills with in-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with tools like Jenkins, maven, GIT, TFS etc.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
- Preferred Knowledge in
- Bigdate Hadoop and Elastic Search
- Cloud native applications / Cloud native microservices
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal System Engineer – Solutions Provider Bengaluru, India
- Senior Software Engineer Bengaluru, India
- Sr Software Engineer IT Bengaluru, India
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.