Software Engineer 2(BIOS) India-R&D
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 140,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director of Engineering on our client product development team in Bangalore.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
- Work with Test Engineers, BIOS System Engineers, Platform teams, Development teams, and other automation engineers on creating and automating test cases for security features &/or mitigations for security vulnerabilities that must be delivered on time and with a high level of quality.
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, opensource).
- Participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products
- Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
- Relevant experience must in recent past 3 to 5 years with below skills:
- 3+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, product development lifecycle, and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Intel and/or AMD system architectures
- Experience in Git and/or SVN
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience in presenting to management and technical teams in an effective and persuasive manner
- Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills ability to write and interpret requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation
- Master/Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- UEFI BIOS or software development experience using languages such as C, C++, C# or Python
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools (BitBucket, Bamboo, Jira and Confluence)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.