Software Senior Engineer (C#/.Net Developer)
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Software Senior Engineer - .Net/C# Dell R&D India
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Working with external partners and internal Dell technology, marketing and engineering teams to define and architect solutions related to Digital Delivery, Web Services, telemetry and analytics
- Identifying and working with software and hardware partners to assess cloud technologies and roadmaps for inclusion in future solutions
- Being the technical expert and resource for the application development, data management and/or analytics
- Performs analysis and design for medium-sized to large or complex development and maintenance projects
- Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of technology principles, best practices, and procedures to the completion of complex software development assignments
- Develops complex code and configuration data using secure coding practices
- Ensures that all code, configuration data, and system documentation is accurate, complete, understandable, and adheres to company standards
- Address security vulnerabilities by using tools to assure security, analyze outputs, and recommend corrective actions
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech/MS and 6 + years of relevant experience in C#/C++, WMI, XML, JSON, WCF, CSS etc.
- Understanding of GUI development (XAML, WPF, HTML/5 etc.)
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as SQL, TSQL, MongoDB etc.
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, and other Continuous Integration tools
- Understanding the git source control system like GitHub, Stash etc.
- Exposure to frameworks and patterns such as MVC/MVVM/MVP, Data Warehousing, WCF, WPF, Service Bus, MSMQ, Python, PowerShell is a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
#NJPJob ID: R085517