Software Engineer 2 iDiags
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Software Engineer 2(BIOS) India-R&D
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
As a Software Engineer 2, you will be responsible for the design and development activities associated with software using a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, other tools) for products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. Analyzes requirements and develops innovative, useful software. Modifies existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability. Leads in product development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Assists training with production of formal training material for sales/marketing.
The team "Client Product Group" is responsible for building and delivering manageability software for Enterprise Client line of business (eg. Laptops, Workstations, Desktops etc.)
- Responsible for testing and automating windows-based hardware diagnostics software
- Responsible for all software and windows diagnostics related issues during the planning and validation stages of the program. You will be working on next generations products and will have an opportunity to gain experience on best in the world client technologies.
- Your responsibilities may include but not be limited to: Understand feature requirements, architecture and design windows-based diagnostics application automation and testing, code debugging testing with other HW and SW platform components, like CPU, Memory, Storage Devices, Embedded Devices etc/-
- Participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new test case development, automation libraries development, automated scripts development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current validation schedules, timelines and development status.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions. Assists with the validation and review of end user and technical end user documentation.
- Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, opensource).
- Develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
- Be familiar with Window security features
- Technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as countermeasures and compensating controls.
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in Automation languages primarily Python and other scripting languages such Java, Perl Etc./-
- Experience using Automation frameworks, understanding functionalities of framework, integrating automation scripts with framework, Executing tests through framework and preferable framework development knowledge
- Preferable experience in programming C# Programming.
- Knowledge on Test Automation Development process, including test cases development, automating developed test cases. Test Run, Test Environment creation and Test Results Management
- Knowledge on computer hardware’s and interface between hardware and software
- Experience in windows operating system functionalities, windows OS architecture, windows OS versions and windows imaging process.
- Knowledge of Windows system tools, WMI, ACPI interfaces
- Troubleshooting skills on windows systems failures like BSOD, App Crashes, System Hang, Performance issues. Etc./-
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing of and automation failures.
- Preferable knowledge on working with CI/CD environments.
- Knowledge of Intel architecture little endian, x86, x64
- Basic Knowledge UEFI based FW and FW-OS interfaces.
- Debugging experiences on target platforms.
- Desirable knowledge in hardware simulations.
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong relationship with team members.
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
- Experience in Test Management tools, Agile Process Management Tools (JIRA), Source Code Management Tools (Ex:git, bitbucket)
- Able to apply Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner, to bring high-quality products to market on time.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, product development lifecycle, and Agile development methodologies.
- Master/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Participation/Contributions to UEFI Spec/BIOS forum(s)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.