Software Engineer 2
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Software Engineer 2
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Data Protection Division works towards Protecting Enterprise level Customer data against Data Loss / Data Unavailability. This unit is responsible for providing Data Protection Solution (acorss On-Prem, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud) that ensures Enterprise Policy Driven / On demand Data Backup and Restore. Be it physical servers, VMs, Applications, Filesystems, DBs – all are protected with consistency.
- Work with the development teams on high impact and system wide feature sets to define suitable software architectures/high level design.
- Actively participate in design, implementation, and/or code reviews to ensure consistency with overall architecture, performance, scalability and interoperability considerations
- Should actively participate in other team initiatives.
- Should be flexible to handle new features as well as defect fixes.
- Should be willing to take initiative to come-up with innovative ways of solving problems.
- Good programming & debugging skills in Java, Spring and SOAP/REST based Web Services.
- Should also have experience in working with Angular JS, HTML5, JSON, CSS
- Good knowledge of OOP, Data structures and Multithreading concepts with experience in Distributed systems
- Experience in writing unit tests.
Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English is a mus
- Exposure to agile development process
- Development experience in Python, Shell scripts.
- Exposure to Maven.
- Familiarity with using DevOPs frameworks: Jenkins CI, git
3-5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Education: BE, B Tech (any stream), M. Sc (Electronics, Computer Science), M.C.A
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Corporate-Development Engineering-Development Software-Engineer Job ID: R058219
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.