Software Principal Engineer - India R&DBangalore, India 02/11/2019
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Global Services Software Development (GSSD) is looking for a Software Development Engineer to work in the Custom Tool Management Suite of software.CMTis focused on developing and deploying software allowing customers to Configure, Capture, Deploy and Restore their O/S images. The work is challenging and incorporates a mix of new feature delivery to Dell customers and building industry leading software.
As a Software Principal Engineer for Big Data, you will be responsible for delivering high-value next-generation products on aggressive deadlines and will be required to write high-quality, highly optimized/high-performance and maintainable code that your fellow developers love. You will be a core member of a team that does whatever it takes to delight internal customers, Take an iterative and result oriented approach to software development. In this position you will provide best-fit Architecture, Design and Implementation solutions for multi-product, multi-project, multi-industry portfolios providing product development, technology consultation and assisting in defining scope and sizing of work. You will be the anchor in Proof of Concept developments and support opportunity identification and pursuit processes and evangelize Dell brand. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions
- Extensive experience with Core Java, Java Spring, Spark with java, and Storm with Java (preferable with Hortonworks Platform)
- Hands on experience with RDBMS, SQL databases, and NO-SQL databases Design (preferable with Hbase, Hive, Oracle)
- Good knowledge of Data architecture, Design Pattern, Big Data architecture, and ETL processes
- Leads architecture, design and development of an ecosystem of data ingestion, reporting, analytics and visualization using traditional and big data technology.
Experience in high-volume web application environment
- Extensive Unix Script coding experience.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent grasp of data structures and interaction between applications and data
- Ability to quickly grasp existing systems, goals and tech options for given situations
- Excellent written/spoken English
- Excellent definition/documentation skills
- Should have worked with Multinational teams and influenced Global stakeholders
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to achieve desired results
- Experience in Agile or other product methodologies would be preferred.
- Experience - 10 to 14 Years
- Engineering graduate or equivalent degree from one of the top premier institutes
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R91555
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal System Engineer – Solutions Provider Bengaluru, India
- Senior Software Engineer Bengaluru, India
- Sr Software Engineer IT Bengaluru, India
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.