Software Principal Engineer - SA for ChromeOSBangalore, India 09/14/2018
Job Title - Software Principal Engineer - Bangalore
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer on our Software Engineering team in India.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior engineer with 10+ years of experience for an Architect/Development lead role for developing SupportAssist product for Dell Chromebook. The position is based in Dell’s Bangalore office. The following link has more details on the SupportAssist for PCs- http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/learn/supportassist-pcs-tablets
The candidate will be responsible for architecting and developing Systems monitoring and diagnostic applications on PC and Tablets. The candidate should be able to gather and analyze product requirements by actively reaching out to product owner, system level architects and subject matter experts in various engineering groups in Dell and also with vendors outside of Dell. The candidate should be hands on with design and code for product development and develop PoC/prototype to choose technology stack and make design decisions.
- The candidate will be responsible for architecting and developing Systems monitoring and diagnostic applications on PC and Tablets.
- The candidate should be able to gather and analyze product requirements by actively reaching out to product owner, system level architects and subject matter experts in various engineering groups in Dell and also with vendors outside of Dell.
- The candidate should be hands on with design and code for product development and develop PoC/prototype to choose technology stack and make design decisions.
- Hands on experience in developing Chrome Applications using HTML/CSS/JS/AJS technologies and service layer using C++/Linux. Working knowledge of C#/.Net will be an required to better understand the existing product, SupportAssist for PCs.
- Around 10+ years of experience in software Development in C++/Linux VM, C#/.Net
- Expertise in either of C++ or C# and working knowledge of other is essential
- Expertise in either of Linux and working knowledge of other is essential
- Highly motivated and adaptable, innovative and passion for learning, strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills
- Sound experience in Architecting and designing Desktop Applications in Windows environment
- Proficiency with Programming, Unit test automation, debugging and other software engineering skills
- Experience with web and desktop UI Technologies – WPF,UWP, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS, AJAX
- Hands on experience with .Net, .Net Core, C#, Web service, Websocket, JSON, XML, , Windows Desktop (Win32)API
- Hands on experience with relational databases
- Experience in working with Scrum/Agile development environment.
- M.Tech/B.Tech./BE/MCA or equivalent.
- Experience in Cross platform development tools to deploy applications on Windows 7, 8, 10 and 10S, and Linux OS (Ubuntu)
- Experience developing Systems monitoring, Diagnostic and web-hosted applications
- Working knowledge of PC H/W architecture
- Test automation skills
- Experience in working with global engineering teams
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Graduates Job ID: R65557
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Engineer, Service Delivery Bengaluru, India
- Software Principal Engineer Bengaluru, India
- Software Principal Engineer - Development Bengaluru, India
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.