To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Software Principal Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
·Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a a Principal Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in [Location] to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As a part of the team, you will analyze the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
- Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
- Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
- Good knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities
- Ability to code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications
- Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms
- Ability to learn new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date:xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
- Expertise in c++, .Net and Java
- Responsible for end-to-end application development and maintenance activities
- Writes solid code in order to add new or enhancing existing functionality.
- Write design specifications for the product requirements.
- Perform code analysis and reviews of other team members work
- Collaborate, communicate effectively and efficiently with other developers on the team to achieve the highest quality code & product.
- Should have ability to drive the design and development, ability to work alone and in team.
- Should be self driven and initiative taker, and a good communicator.
Experience & Skills:
- Has development experience of 10 years or more
- Strong object-oriented programming skills using c++ and .Net.
- In depth experience in building end to end applications for Windows and Unix environments.
- Well versed with Windows and Unix, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, threads etc.
- Should have experience in end to end design and implementation of large scale, multi tier applications.
- Should have good understanding of web services on both Windows and Unix.
- Understanding of security fundamentals (e.g., authentication, cryptography) is desirable.
- Familiarity with networking protocols, including TCP/IP, TLS/SSL.
- Experience in building REST clients is a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows and Unix security mechanisms.
- Has good build and automation understanding on Windows and Unix.
- Knowledge of Java is added advantage.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies is added advantage.