Software Senior Engineer- Automation Development
Primary Location: India
Software Senior Engineer (Automation Development)
Dell Technologies has had a 37-year history and track record to deliver ground-breaking product, solutions and services to help customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! We are making investment to bring modern hardware and software with cutting edge technologies to our customer, wherever they may be. If you want to join a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to use technology to define new computing paradigms and business opportunities – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
Be a part of a team that's modernizing and transforming products with its cutting-edge software development kit, libraries and add-ons. Client Core engineering team designs and develops advanced libraries and add-ons for Dell's software with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal partners.
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
As an automation test engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Design, Develop and execute automation test plan objectives prioritizing quality
- Work with development team to strategize testing, plan release activities and deliverables
- Build and/or maintain test automation architecture, designs and implementations
- Be a knowledge expert on automation infrastructure, test orchestration and execution
- Champion test execution in a CI Pipeline for 0-touch automation
- Analyze automated test results, provide continuous status and defect reporting
- Participate in code reviews and enforce code quality standards
- Engage with the entire Engineering team to assist in development and testing objectives
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in C# and/or python
- Demonstrable knowledge of Power Shell scripting
- Demonstrable knowledge of testing on Windows operating systems
- Must have strong communication skills and be project oriented and the ability to work with minimal day-to-day direction
- Must be highly motivated and willing to work in a team environment
- 3-5+ years of Software Quality Assurance Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge of testing on Linux operating systems
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Virtual Machine environments
- Experience with Secure Software Development
- Experience working in AGILE (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with continuous integration development and release cycles
- Experience with the Atlassian tool stack
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Application closing date: March 31, 2021.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
#NJPJob ID: R085906