Software Senior Engineer India-R&D
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Title - Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineer on our OS Engineering team in Bangalore.
DellEMC OS & Hypervisor Engineering team focuses on integrating and certifying supported Server Operating Systems and Hypervisors on DellEMC PowerEdge Servers. We work closely with various Enterprise OS Partners including Microsoft, RedHat, SuSE and VMware focusing on seamless integration of industry’s new and leading Server and OS technologies
Key Responsibilities :
The job involves leading the Engineering team on specific projects in the areas of Windows Server operating systems and Microsoft Azure Stack HCI solution on Dell Platforms. The job also involves coordinating with various stake holders internal and external for platform enablement. The candidate should have at least 5-7 years of experience in developing/sustaining/validating Drivers and/or System Software in Windows domain. A strong background in computer hardware, especially Intel architecture and Storage subsystem will be a plus.
- Lead projects related to Validation, Certification and Release of multiple flavors of Windows Server Operating Systems and Microsoft Azure Stack HCI solution on Dell Enterprise Hardware. Uncover high quality defects and take them to closure working with the relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and own test plans and certification strategy with Dell software partners (Extended teams, OS Partner and Hardware Vendors). Certify hardware/software configurations (Servers, Commodities and OS)
- Setup the test bed as per the hardware configuration matrix for the release consisting of platforms, peripherals, add-on cards etc. and then install required software like firmware, BIOS, OS, drivers etc.
- Troubleshoot and debug system/component issues (HW/SW) end-to-end. Characterize, contain and Root cause defects of reasonable to high complexity on multiple Windows Server versions.
- Interface with Microsoft and other dell teams as required in root causing OS and Azure Stack HCI related issues. Provide adequate technical details to the internal and external teams to substantiate the findings and drive issue resolution.
- Work in close coordination with multiple Dell teams as well as OS Vendor.
- Understand Enterprise Computing platform design, architecture in terms of HW system architecture, interfaces, peripherals and technologies.
- Produce relevant technical documentations (blogs, whitepapers, reference architecture etc.) related to Dell Enterprise Hardware and Windows OS.
- Study new technologies offered by Dell and share the knowledge with team members through presentations. Come up with ideas for proof of concepts and deliver it to relevant stakeholders.
Essential Requirements :
- Should have 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in testing and validating Enterprise Servers and Storage products. Should have in-depth Knowledge of software test techniques and methodologies. Experience in leading teams on validation projects will be a plus.
- Should have good conceptual understanding of Windows OS, networking, storage and system management subsystems. Should have in depth knowledge in storage subsystem.
- Enterprise Windows OS, Windows Hyper-V, Storage Spaces/Direct and Windows Certification tool (HCK/HLK) experience is highly required.
Desired Skills :
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform will be a plus.
- Should have good exposure to programming languages and scripting. Should be familiar with software development life cycle. Knowledge of Windows Powershell will be a plus.
- Should have good analytical skills to troubleshoot/debug technical issues. Prior Experience in Windows debugging (WinDBG), software testing and test automation will be a plus.
- Experience in Vendor/client interaction will be a plus.
- Should be engineering/masters graduate in Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering India-R&D R&D Software-Engineer Job ID: R086990
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.