To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Software Senior Engineer - Kernel Development
Primary Location: Bangalore,
Additional Location(s): Bengaluru, India
Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineer on our team in Bangalore.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
RSA, part of Dell Technologies, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments. Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption and key management, SIEM, Network forensics, EDR and fraud protection with industry leading eGRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated.
The RSA NetWitness Platform is an evolved SIEM – the centerpiece of an intelligent Security Operations Center (SOC) -- that provides end-to-end visibility across an organization’s digital ecosystem that spans networks, transactions, applications, identities and user behaviors. Engineered to immediately detect high-risk threats on devices, in the cloud and across your virtual enterprise, RSA NetWitness Platform also optimizes security response processes to reduce attacker dwell time and make analysts more efficient and effective.
We are seeking passionate and talented Software Engineers to write the next chapter of market innovation and customer success for RSA Netwitness Endpoint team. You will be joining a top-notch, agile team of developers who thrive on collaboration, open communication, tackling hard engineering problems, and making an impact.
- Contributes to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments
- Prepares written software/storage specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents
- Develops and reviews design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and implements test strategies for software products and systems/for storage products and systems
- Develops, tests and integrates code for new or existing software of significant complexity
- Provides sustaining or maintenance support to existing software/storage environment, either by implementation or providing guidance to less senior engineers
- Designs and implements source code revision control methods for products
- Prepares accurate project status documentation for leadership
- Measures and analyzes quality metrics. Defines and implements actions for departmental or cross-functional process improvements
- Contributes to resource, schedule and cost sizing for software development projects of medium complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Have at least 6 years of experience and skilled in C/C++/STL, multi-threading, algorithms, data structures on Windows.
- Strong debugging skills in Windows kernel mode.
- Experience developing software for Windows operating systems at the kernel level.
- Design and develop efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Build / test / manage code for our endpoint security agent - Experience with defining and/or interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Device driver development experience in Windows & Embedded OS environments.
- Experience in Windows kernel development, and OS Internals knowledge.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and software design principles.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging skills, communication skills.
- Understanding or working experience in Agile methodology.
- Have some experience in cyber security / Endpoint security
- Experience and Knowledge of Linux/Mac Kernel development
- Knowledge of Endpoint security and anti-virus techniques.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job ID: R066509