Software Senior Engineer (Linux System Software) India-R&D
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Software Senior Engineer (Development – Linux System Software) India-R&D
BDC: Linux System Software Development for Client PODS/EOS Engineering
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
As a Software Senior Development Engineer,you will be responsible for the Product Roadmap, Innovation, Architecture, Design and development activities associated with software using a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, other tools) for products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. Analyzes requirements and develops innovative, useful software. Modifies existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability. Leads in product development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Assists training with production of formal training material for sales/marketing.
The team "Client Product Group" is responsible for building and delivering manageability software for Enterprise Client line of business (eg. Laptops, Workstations, Desktops etc.)
- Deep Expertise in Embedded/Systems Programming in C/Assembly.
- Hands on Design and Development in Linux Device Drivers, Embedded Linux, IPC, Kernel Porting, C data structure
- Experience with at least one of the technical area: Graphics / Mesa / Audio / Video / Camera / IO / Power Management with HAL implementation
- Database: MySQL or similar
- Cloud Infrastructure Mgmt: Cloudstack, Openstack
- Debugging, Logical reasoning and Problem solving.
- Experience in using PCIe Analyzer, Wireless sniffer etc. for Platform SW/Diagnostics
- Experience in Filesystem drivers specifically NTFS, FAT32, Ext3 systems.
- Business Agility to learn new technology and domain and its Innovation to drive Industry first solutions.
- Responsible to work with external partners and internal Dell technology, marketing and engineering teams to Define/Design/Architect products for Next Gen Client Platforms.
- Design and develop the overall software architecture and working in collaboration with HW and SW engineering for implementation
- Responsible for Embedded Linux/Linux System Software Development related issues during the planning, development, and validation stages of the program. You will be working on next generations products and will have an opportunity to gain experience on best in the world client technologies.
- Understand feature requirements, architecture and design Linux Driver/FW development mainly in C language Unit Tests development, debugging and its related SW integration with other server HW and SW platform components, like CPU, PCH, FW, OS etc.
- Remote debugging experiences on target platforms using ARIUM, KGDB, KDB
- Knowledge in X86 / X64 Architecture and Instruction set.
- Working with XML Basics of SW architecture, layered design, software patterns for embedded systems and resource management
- Responsible for the delivery of products within Security Life Cycle, budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as countermeasures and compensating controls
- Versed in the concept, use of and selection of revision control software (e.g. SVN, Git, ClearCase, Perforce or similar software).
- Usage of source code analysis tools Fortify, Coverity, Clang, or others
- Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, opensource).
- Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation
- Must be able to design and develop from a Test Driven Development (TDD) mindset
- Experience with automation within an Agile Development team as part of a CI/CD Pipeline ( 0-touch automation)
- Developed and maintained test automation within a automation Frameworks/Test Executive
- Design, implement and deploy high availability solutions in the cloud environment
- Database: MySQL or similar
- Cloud Infrastructure Mgmt: Cloudstack, Openstack
Education & Experience
- Master/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 9 to 14 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering India-R&D R&D Software-Engineer Job ID: R094123
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.