Software Senior Engineer - QABangalore, India 08/14/2019
Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineeron our team in Bangalore.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
RSA, part of Dell Technologies, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments. Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption and key management, SIEM, Network forensics, EDR and fraud protection with industry leading eGRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated.
The RSA NetWitness Platform is an evolved SIEM – the centerpiece of an intelligent Security Operations Center (SOC) -- that provides end-to-end visibility across an organization’s digital ecosystem that spans networks, transactions, applications, identities and user behaviors. Engineered to immediately detect high-risk threats on devices, in the cloud and across your virtual enterprise, RSA NetWitness Platform also optimizes security response processes to reduce attacker dwell time and make analysts more efficient and effective.
We are seeking passionate and talented Software Engineers to write the next chapter of market innovation and customer success for RSA Netwitness Endpoint team. You will be joining a top-notch, agile team of developers who thrive on collaboration, open communication, tackling hard engineering problems, and making an impact.
- Provides solutions for wide range of complex problems. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions, under only limited direction.
- Authors and executes test cases and testing methodology for manual and/or automated tests.
- Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during regression and testing phase.
- Software development expertise from a coding perspective. This is required for building test automation. Contribute to test automation activities through knowledge of coding/programming in current languages.
- Knowledge and wide application of engineering principles, theories, and concepts, and working knowledge of other related fields.
- Develops new test methodologies or processes, re-evaluates existing processes. Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for providing requirements and specifications for the automation of test cases. Accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipate issues and addresses proactively.
- Fully competent in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a test environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software.
- Demonstrated skill with developing appropriate test methodologies. Fully competent in the use of necessary tools and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- A proven track record of challenging projects, showing 6+ years of experience including automation and testing enterprise software.
- Strong experience in back-end testing on Web Services, Database Internals, test automation tools and processes – including Jenkins, Selenium, CI/CD, Debugging and Git, or comparable products.
- Strong experience with automation tools (Python, Java, Perl)
- Experience in understanding requirements, build a test strategy, test plan, create, execute and automate test cases, track defects and report results.
- Hands-on experience or knowledge working on Virtual Environments, and public Cloud environment.
- Experience working in multiple OS including Windows, Linux and Mac and clear about operating system fundamentals (task scheduling, memory management).
- Fair concept of Networking, Storage and Compute Virtualization.
- Hands on System Administration knowledge (installing and configuring operating systems and hardware).
- Exposure to Test Framework and Techniques.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and software design principles.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Understanding or working experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in coding language like Java
- Security testing experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AWS/Azure.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering RSA Job ID: R029161
Related Job Opportunities
- Principle Salesforce Analyst/Consultant Bengaluru, India
- Senior Salesforce Developer Bengaluru, India
- Senior Engineer, Service Delivery - Cloud - Comcast Bengaluru, India