Software Senior Principal Engineer
- Bangalore, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Title: Software Senior Principal Engineer, Modern Client Solutions Group
Job location: Bangalore
Reporting manager: Senior Director, Bangalore, India
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 140,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director of Engineering on our client product development team in Bangalore.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Our Client Software Engineering team ensures that our customers have the software systems they need for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and deliver software systems modifications as well as enhancements of new products. We oversee product development at all stages: planning, designing, developing and testing of software and hardware products.
This position is for Software Architect in Dell Modern Client Solutions Group (MCSG), Bangalore. The MCSG team tightly integrated with most of the development organizations, including aaS, platforms, OS engineering, systems management, cloud, and Telemetry. This position works very closely with its US, China, Taiwan counterparts: Engineering, Marketing, Quality, Product test, support, and core teams.
- Software lead will be responsible for designing the solution & framework for running native apps and cloud/web-apps in a hybrid isolated workspace.
- Need to have a balanced mix of technical and business skills and will work with a CTO, S/W architects, partners for strategic direction.
- Define the business case for solutions. Assist in the design of solutions in order to help with prototyping and development.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in Client Platform software across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision-makers. Write and publish reference architectures, technical articles and create open source reference implementations to scale technical best practices globally.
- Demonstrate Strong technical leadership in the following competency areas –Database architecture / administration experience in Cloud Infrastructure like AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Provide customer and market feedback to the product and engineering teams and influence product direction.
- Attend various meetings, technical reviews and other delivery activities.
- Interacts with product/project managers, marketing, sales, procurement, quality, legal, and end-users to define application requirements and/or selection or partners.
- Actively involves in the technical discussions in the teams and adds value to the discussion with his / her experience.
- 15+ years of software development experience on Database architecture / administration experience in Cloud Infrastructure like AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Experience in managing databases like Oracle, MySQL , PostGres, MongoDB, MySQL
- Experience in NoSQL databases and Managed Cloud Databases like AWS RDS, Azure SQL
- Hands on expertise and experience for Cloud Migration projects
- Understanding of cloud based Storage and Networking architecture concepts
- Experience in Sharding, Replication strategy, Migration strategy, ETL and automation for data and related tools
- Experience in design and building data platforms to process large, complex data sets, optimizing db storage and processing performance in cloud environment
- Knowledge of best practices around data integrity, validation, and documentation for data processing, reporting, and analysis
- Expertise in at-least one language like Go/Python
- Experience in server or virtualization platform, Storage
- Applied Azure and/or AWS infrastructure engineering and designing and migration experience
- Experience in Caching, Elastic Search and Distributed Databases
- Experience in advanced ETL and data processing using Spark, Hadoop etc
- Knowledge of technology solutions and ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences: engineers, management, and support
- BS or MS Engineering degree in Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Electrical Engineering
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Software-Engineer Engineering Job ID: R089679
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bengaluru Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.