Sr. Advisor Infrastructure ( Storage & Backup )
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Senior Advisor IT Infrastructure
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
Dell IT Storage Operation manage 160PB of storage across the globe using cutting edge technology. We are looking for a well-qualified Storage person to help administer and manage world class storage environment for our internal customers. The storage person would also need to support firmware and software upgrades on existing environment and support issue resolution. We need our storage person to lead efforts to maintain high uptime that meet customer expectations
Join us as a Sr. Advisor IT Infrastructure on our IT Infrastructure team in India to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
As an IT Senior Software Engineer, you will deliver products and improvements for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, you will craft and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most sophisticated technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and partnerships.
- Work closely with our IT engineering & delivery teams to partner on rollout of solutions.
- Partner with Dell Global Services and other vendors for support.
- Partner with Enterprise Systems Group in a 2-way feedback loop on our experience with products.
- Function in a global “follow the sun” team that manages Storage and Backup solutions.
- Respond to Incidents with appropriate priority, providing quick resolution, and investigative help to determine root cause.
- Provide proactive health checks, capacity management, Firmware updates as necessary to maintain the health of the environment.
- Function as a member of our virtual infrastructure team with the intent of collaboration for all service delivery and incident resolution without our customers having to understand our technology or team organization.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
8+ years experienced in building and deploying solutions involving the following technology
- Dell ECS Object Storage
- Software Defined Storage like ScaleIO / VxFlexOS (PowerFlex)
- Ability to Plan, schedule and perform proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation on related data protection solution systems;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with discipline & organization
- Experience in security Harding and vulnerability remediation.
- Background in all aspects of Systems Administration including Linux and Windows systems.
- Liaising with vendors in providing support for Backup and Storage software and hardware related issues
- Provide technical resolution to incidents and problem management
- Document best practices and procedures
- Participate in On-call support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong Interpersonal, analytical and investigation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving
- Hands-on-experience on scripting using BASH, Python, Powershell etc.
- Experience in some of the backup technology like DataDomain,Networker & Avamar
- Experience in both Windows server and Linux OS
- Experience with networking technologies
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R099747